The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oruese
Maths applicants don't write an admissions test (apart from STEP which is in july next year) and some on the applicants thread (who are home students) have received an offer already

okay that's embarrassing from me of course maths doesn't have a pre interview test. Do you know which colleges?
Original post by Oruese
Maths applicants don't write an admissions test (apart from STEP which is in july next year) and some on the applicants thread (who are home students) have received an offer already

Invitation to an interview not an "offer" :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Invitation to an interview not an "offer" :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah!...sorry i'm getting ahead of myself
May I ask the Queens' interviewees roughly what time of day you received your invites?
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
okay that's embarrassing from me of course maths doesn't have a pre interview test. Do you know which colleges?

The person i saw applied to Queens and he said he had a friend applying to a different college with the same invite to the interview
Are you international? A lot of them seem to get them earlier.

Nope. Neither of us are, both uk. I thought it was very early.
It's for computer science at Churchill
Original post by CharmSpirit
I applied for engineering at Peterhouse from France and we got an email saying that for those that did a pre interview assessment test, the invitations wouldn’t probably arrive before the 20th as they have to wait for the results....
*but I did so bad on ENGAA so that’s that ><‘ *

Yey another Peterhouse applicant! I'm sure you did better than you think :biggrin:
Original post by IcedArizona
Niiice, I did it this past june :biggrin: Are you doing OIB by any chance?

Unfortunately not as my school doesn’t offer it :/
Original post by CompSciCat
Yey another Peterhouse applicant! I'm sure you did better than you think :biggrin:

Oh thank you! Nice to find someone else applying for Peterhouse too, I just fell in love with the college :smile: I take it you’re applying for computer science with your username? ^^
Oh thank you! Nice to find someone else applying for Peterhouse too, I just fell in love with the college :smile: I take it you’re applying for computer science with your username? ^^

Yes, you're correct about computer science :smile: Have you visited Peterhouse before? It seems great, I hope I'll see it in real life sometime (preferably at interview :wink: :biggrin:)

On tsr @MagicalMedic is also applying to Peterhouse, for medicine, and also another person for history, and someone for english.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CompSciCat
Yes, you're correct about computer science :smile: Have you visited Peterhouse before? It seems great, I hope I'll see it in real life sometime (preferably at interview :wink: :biggrin:)

On tsr @MagicalMedic is also applying to Peterhouse, for medicine, and also another person for history, and someone for english.

Yes I went for the open day so I went first thing (got on the first “tour”) and then I visited it again later in the day because I loved it so much (and the library is amazing!)
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't know anyone from the UK who have received interview offers yet, but I know some people that have been rejected already from various colleges. Does Cambridge send out rejections sooner than they do offers?
Original post by JayneSerena
Nope. Neither of us are, both uk. I thought it was very early.
It's for computer science at Churchill

Ah guess it makes more sense for computer science since there wasn't an admissions test yet. What date is your interview?

Original post by ckoppula199
I don't know anyone from the UK who have received interview offers yet, but I know some people that have been rejected already from various colleges. Does Cambridge send out rejections sooner than they do offers?

Seems like the person above did lol!
For which course and college have you heard of the rejections being for?
Ah guess it makes more sense for computer science since there wasn't an admissions test yet. What date is your interview?

2nd December

Not really - it's usually around the same time.

Which course/college was this?

Seems like the person above did lol!
For which course and college have you heard of the rejections being for?

the course was for computer science as well! The college was kings, I'm not sure about my other friends rejection, didn't ask to much out of courtesy for them.
Original post by Doonesbury
Not really - it's usually around the same time.

Which course/college was this?

Computer science at kings
the course was for computer science as well! The college was kings, I'm not sure about my other friends rejection, didn't ask to much out of courtesy for them.

rejections already? errr.....reality just hit mate, i'm quite scared now

Other courses probably want to finish marking the tests first. You didn't find out before they applied lol?
Yes I went for the open day so I went first thing (got on the first “tour”) and then I visited it again later in the day because I loved it so much (and the library is amazing!)

Quite possible we came across each other then, if you visited during the September open day!

Yes I legit gasped when I saw the library. At first it seemed so tiny (the entry made it look so so small) but then you enter the main area and it’s just like.. damn.

Nice to see another peterhouse applicant on tsr :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending