The Student Room Group

Am I aiming too high?

2 A*s (Maths and Chem) 3As (Bio,Phys and CS) rest B's and C's
AABC in AS in Maths Biology Chemistry and Further Maths (U in D1).
Predicted A*AA for Maths FM Bio
I think I can get A*A*A for Maths FM and Bio since I'm resitting D1 and I can likely get 90+ ums in it

Options:
Warwick Morse - A*AA
Durham Natural Science - A*AA
UCL Stats + Economics - AAA
Nottingham Maths + Economics - AAA
Bristol Maths + Economics - AAB (contextual)

I wanted to apply to LSE which has an offer of A*AA but with my GCSE's is it even worth a shot? Should I trade Durham for LSE? Warwick gives out alot of offers for maths and I prefer Warwick over Durham. Durham is only there incase I dont get an offer from Warwick
(edited 6 years ago)
Why after gettting a U in D1 do you think you can get 90+ in FP3 and D1? A2 fm is so much harder
Original post by Ellieg333
Why after gettting a U in D1 do you think you can get 90+ in FP3 and D1? A2 fm is so much harder

D1 is just ****. All the smart people flop it :u:
Reply 3

I skipped all of my D1 lessons and still got 37 after one night of revision. I just finished FP2 and I love it. I personally find FP2 much easier than FP1 which is pretty weird.
I'm doing D2 this year and I actually like it. Its alot easier than FP2 and I think I can get 90 UMS in D2. Maybe 90 UMS in FP2 and I'll have to see about FP3
I took D1 last year, and I’m smart and got 100ums ??
Reply 5
Original post by FailedMyMocks
D1 is just ****. All the smart people flop it :u:

D1 can suck my ****
Not even maths
Reply 6

80 UMS in FP1 is much more impressive than 100 UMS in D1

Nerd.
Original post by MMMmMmmkkN
80 UMS in FP1 is much more impressive than 100 UMS in D1

And I got 93 ums in fp1
Reply 9
I think I can get A*A*A for Maths FM and Bio since I'm resitting D1 and I can likely get 90+ ums in it

Options:
Warwick Morse - A*AA

I wanted to apply to LSE which has an offer of A*AA but with my GCSE's is it even worth a shot? Should I trade Durham for LSE? Warwick gives out alot of offers for maths and I prefer Warwick over Durham. Durham is only there incase I dont get an offer from Warwick

Why did you skip so many D1 lessons and why revise the night before?

Durham in there feels a bit random. There's no way you can write enough about natural sciences in there with all your economics and stats stuff. Switch natural sciences to something else.
Reply 10
Original post by Baaah
Why did you skip so many D1 lessons and why revise the night before?

Durham in there feels a bit random. There's no way you can write enough about natural sciences in there with all your economics and stats stuff. Switch natural sciences to something else.

You're supposed to write a separate PS for Durham Natural science.
Durham doesnt have Maths and Economics if you want to do a joint degree you need to apply to natural sciences
Reply 11
bump

Options:
Warwick Morse - A*AA

Apply to Warwick, UCL, Nottingham and Bristol initially. Then if Warwick give you an offer you can add LSE; if they don't then add Durham. Just make sure you do one or the other by January 15th.
Reply 13
Original post by ageshallnot
Apply to Warwick, UCL, Nottingham and Bristol initially. Then if Warwick give you an offer you can add LSE; if they don't then add Durham. Just make sure you do one or the other by January 15th.

Oh I didnt know you could do that.
Thanks! Thats what im going to do
Oh I didnt know you could do that.
Thanks! Thats what im going to do

It's a useful tactic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply