The Student Room Group

My journey to the impossible - A*A*A*A

Hi guys,

My name is Rebecca and you are about to follow my journey.

Let me tell you everything you need to know. I go to a state sixth form in London and I'm currently in Year 13 studying Chemistry, French, Maths and Spanish. In my GCSE's I got 2A* 7As 2Bs which I can't say is the best on TSR but I guess we all have our own measures of success. In my AS results I got ABBC (Spanish, French, Chemistry and Maths) and this year I am predicted A*AAC. I've applied to read modern languages at Oxford, Durham, Surrey, Lancaster and Royal Holloway.

Spoiler

You may be wondering why is it that I've set myself such high and impossible looking aspirational target grades. Well... because I'm overly ambitious, always have been and always will be. I want to prove to myself, my family, my teachers that I can do the impossible if I set my mind to it. I don't live the easiest circumstances at home. Despite this, I am so determined and ready to fight for my grades.

I will try my hardest to post an update everyday but do keep an eye out for my grades and feel free to message me or ask me any questions! :smile:
P.s Follow my studygram @overlyambtiousteenagegirl

IMG_0867.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Your notes are so pretty!:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Your notes are so pretty!:biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Good for you Becca!! Good Luck!!
Original post by sherace
Good for you Becca!! Good Luck!!

Thank you!!! :h:
Hi guys,

So it's now 12:34 and I'm about to start studying!
on my agenda today is:
- Do my french grammar homework
- Do the kerboodle worksheets set by my teacher
- Read some more Kiffe Kiffe Demain
- Do some AS french past paper questions
- Revise carbonyl reactions and isomerism
- Do some chemistry topic past paper questions
- Write up my chemistry notes
- Do some S1 notes
- Practise S1 questions

The list looks quite daunting but I'm sure I'll get at least 75% done.
I'll post an update later!
Have a productive day! :smile:

IMG_0553.jpg
Reply 6
nice notes- my notes consist o- oh yeah I don't take notes
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Becca070600
Hi guys,

So it's now 12:34 and I'm about to start studying!
on my agenda today is:
- Do my french grammar homework
- Do the kerboodle worksheets set by my teacher
- Read some more Kiffe Kiffe Demain
- Do some AS french past paper questions
- Revise carbonyl reactions and isomerism
- Do some chemistry topic past paper questions
- Write up my chemistry notes
- Do some S1 notes
- Practise S1 questions

The list looks quite daunting but I'm sure I'll get at least 75% done.
I'll post an update later!
Have a productive day! :smile:

IMG_0553.jpg

I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT!:tongue:
Original post by carraiga
nice notes- my notes consist o- oh yeah I don't take notes

That was me until I got to year 12 :burnout:
Original post by A.N123
I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT!:tongue:

Thank you! You're so kind :smile:
Hi guys,

Let me tell you everything you need to know. I go to a state sixth form in London and I'm currently in Year 13 studying Chemistry, French, Maths and Spanish. In my GCSE's I got 2A* 7As 2Bs which I can't say is the best on TSR but I guess we all have our own measures of success. In my AS results I got ABBC (Spanish, French, Chemistry and Maths) and this year I am predicted A*AAC. I've applied to read modern languages at Oxford, Durham, Surrey, Lancaster and Royal Holloway.

Spoiler

You may be wondering why is it that I've set myself such high and impossible looking aspirational target grades. Well... because I'm overly ambitious, always have been and always will be. I want to prove to myself, my family, my teachers that I can do the impossible if I set my mind to it. I don't live the easiest circumstances at home. Despite this, I am so determined and ready to fight for my grades.

I will try my hardest to post an update everyday but do keep an eye out for my grades and feel free to message me or ask me any questions! :smile:

IMG_0867.jpg

Your notes are so pretty :love:
Hiya guys,

Sorry for not updating on Sunday. In brief I did most of my list as I thought I would! Yesterday was super productive as I got all my homework done so that I could revise for my chemistry test today. I was really nervous about the fatty acids part of chemistry but the test was relatively easy! Today I'm going to finish off some homework due for Thursday to be in front with everything. Then hopefully, I will be able to write up some chemistry notes that I haven't done and practise some S1 exam questions. Let me know how productive you guys have been so far!
Look forward to hearing... :tongue:

IMG_0607.jpg
Original post by Fox Corner
Your notes are so pretty :love:

Thank you! You're so sweet :biggrin:
Good luck! Feel inspired by this
Do you do any extra curriculum activities and do you have a social life. And any hobbies or do you study 24/7
Original post by melwilliams3000
Good luck! Feel inspired by this

Thank you! It's lovely to hear that - good luck and reach for the stars :grin:
Reply 16
Hi guys,

Spoiler

IMG_0867.jpg

Maybe ABBC is more realistic considering past grades?
Original post by tom123h456
Do you do any extra curriculum activities and do you have a social life. And any hobbies or do you study 24/7

I definitely don't study all day :tongue:; can you imagine how dull life would be if I did? I do tutor outside of school but apart from that the rest of my social life revolves around family and friends. It's all about working hard but playing hard to0 - there's some weekends I just lie in and watch netflix all day :colondollar:
Original post by Astana

Yes, you could say its a pretty high and unrealistic goal! But I guess there's nothing wrong with hoping and putting in the hard work for it -right? :tongue:
Original post by Astana

I predict you will get a*a*a*c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending