The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jadeymp
Hi, and thank you for offering your advice 😊
What experience did you have prior to applying?

It would also be helpful to know what sort of questions you were asked at your interviews? I don’t think I interview that well as I get nervous which makes my brain turn to mush 🙄 I know what I want to say but get brain block, I suppose I’m not the only one! So I want to make sure I’m as prepared as I can be.

X

You’re certainly not the only one! I struggle with interviews under stress too! My biggest piece of advice would be to keep in mind that the interviewer will expect you to be a little nervous but as long as you smile and always link everything back to the 6 C’s of Nursing you have as much a shot at it than anyone else :smile:

I applied with pretty much no experience with Nursing as I was a full time sixth form student. However I am a gymnastics coach and babysitter so I had experience in communication and working with children and their parents x
Just putting a tip out there. If you are on WhatsApp or fb messenger put a pic of the 6cs as the background so you know them off by heart,that’s what I’ve done at it works! Sorry about the random post. Anyone heard anymore news?x
Reply 22
hi, i see quite a few people are applying to kcl, has anyone gotten a reply? :smile:
i got an interview for john moores in liverpool for childrens nursing. only sent my application 4 days ago. buzzing but its not my first choice. queens in belfast is.
Original post by _ruth_
i got an interview for john moores in liverpool for childrens nursing. only sent my application 4 days ago. buzzing but its not my first choice. queens in belfast is.

Congratulations on receiving an interview. When is it for? X
12th december. where have you all applied for @futurechildnurse
Original post by _ruth_
12th december. where have you all applied for @futurechildnurse

Bournemouth,Coventry,Southampton and uwl
Original post by futurechildnurse
Bournemouth,Coventry,Southampton and uwl

ohh ive applied for child branch at southampton. my others are manchester , birmingham , liverpool , belfast. thinking about changing my birmingham to bristol though
Original post by _ruth_
ohh ive applied for child branch at southampton. my others are manchester , birmingham , liverpool , belfast. thinking about changing my birmingham to bristol though

Oooh,have u had an invite to interview for Southampton?
Oooh,have u had an invite to interview for Southampton?

no ljmu is my only interview so far
Original post by _ruth_
no ljmu is my only interview so far

I have Southampton
I have Southampton

ohh good stuff congrats when is it for.
I finally bit the bullet and applied for Childrens nursing, after swaying back and forth due to family commitments.

I've already got a law llb and a pgde as I always wanted to help children, however my mat leave this year has allowed me time to really think about what I want. I'm a mature student (I'm only 24, 25 at the start of the course).

It's such a big leap of faith. I have a mortgage, two kids and bills to be paid. If I stuck at teaching I'd be on the top of my pay scale by the time I'd graduate from nursing so it's a big deal. I'm relying on bursarys, student loans and tax credits to get me through which is terrifying.

However I'm hopeful that my experience working with children, my commitment to the course (as shown by leaving a stable career) and such will get me through.
Reply 33
Just putting a tip out there. If you are on WhatsApp or fb messenger put a pic of the 6cs as the background so you know them off by heart,that’s what I’ve done at it works! Sorry about the random post. Anyone heard anymore news?x

Thanks for your tip, I have done that now as I can usually remember 4 or 5 of them but get stuck on the 6th 😅
Reply 34
Original post by SailorCherries
I finally bit the bullet and applied for Childrens nursing, after swaying back and forth due to family commitments.

I've already got a law llb and a pgde as I always wanted to help children, however my mat leave this year has allowed me time to really think about what I want. I'm a mature student (I'm only 24, 25 at the start of the course).

It's such a big leap of faith. I have a mortgage, two kids and bills to be paid. If I stuck at teaching I'd be on the top of my pay scale by the time I'd graduate from nursing so it's a big deal. I'm relying on bursarys, student loans and tax credits to get me through which is terrifying.

However I'm hopeful that my experience working with children, my commitment to the course (as shown by leaving a stable career) and such will get me through.

Wow, well done 😃 it seems like you’re making some big sacrifices, you’re obviously committed, so best of luck to you. Which uni’s are you applying for? X
First interview done x
Reply 36
First interview done x

hope it went well! what uni? x
Original post by s15300
hope it went well! what uni? x

Thank you,it went ok. Will know the outcome in 7-10days time and uwl x
Unsuccessful from one uni so far; 4 to go. I've realised that if I don't get in this year (well Sept 18) I can't do this at all as it will become financially unsuitable.
Reply 39
First interview done x

Oh gosh, did you feel like your interview went better this year? Hopefully you get a place 😊 and just saw you only have around a week to wait to find out so that’s not too bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending