The Student Room Group

Question about personal statement from a Japanese student..!

Hello! I'm a high school student living in Japan thinking about taking a degree in Graphic design in the UK. I had never really thought about studying graphic design until recently so I changed my course to Art for my final year of high school. To be honest I am far from being good at art and have no experience at all when it comes to using a computer...

So.. my question is if its ok to state that: although I have minimal knowledge and have yet to acquire many skills, I am eager to start learning Graphic design.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by echomali
Hello! I'm a high school student living in Japan thinking about taking a degree in Graphic design in the UK. I had never really thought about studying graphic design until recently so I changed my course to Art for my final year of high school. To be honest I am far from being good at art and have no experience at all when it comes to using a computer...

So.. my question is if its ok to state that: although I have minimal knowledge and have yet to acquire many skills, I am eager to start learning Graphic design.

Thank you in advance!

Well to put it quite frankly: you have complete a portfolio as well to show your artistic aptitude etc... and many art courses grade you primarily on the quality of your portfolio and personal statement... if you are far from good at art, it might be difficult for you to gain entry into an art course. - If you are just being humble: sorry.

If you are doing a degree in graphic design, it is recommended you at least have some experience in the subject and not go in completely blind: so saying you are going to start to learn graphic design may not be the best way to put it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Well to put it quite frankly: you have complete a portfolio as well to show your artistic aptitude etc... and many art courses grade you primarily on the quality of your portfolio and personal statement... if you are far from good at art, it might be difficult for you to gain entry into an art course. - If you are just being humble: sorry.

If you are doing a degree in graphic design, it is recommended you at least have some experience in the subject and not go in completely blind: so saying you are going to start to learn graphic design may not be the best way to put it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice! I will try and learn as much as possible so I can at least state that I am experienced in some parts of design..!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending