The Student Room Group

Why won't my bf let me meet his friends?

I've been with my bf for six months now and feel I should have met his friends by now. He's met my friends and even my brother. But I still haven't met his friends. I mentioned it to him and he said his friends want to meet me but nothing ever gets arranged. Any advice?
it may be that he has exaggerated the number of friends he has and is embarrassed to admit it ? just a thought.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my bf for six months now and feel I should have met his friends by now. He's met my friends and even my brother. But I still haven't met his friends. I mentioned it to him and he said his friends want to meet me but nothing ever gets arranged. Any advice?

It could be that he might be embarrassed by his friends so doesn't want you to meet them. Or it could be that him and his friends have busy lives and haven't gotten around to arranging something yet. If it makes you feel better a lot of people don't meet their SO's friends in the first 6 months of a relationship. I haven't met my bf's friends yet. Don't let it bother you.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
it may be that he has exagerrated the number of friends he has and is embarrassed to admit it ? just a thought.

It isn't that. He has loads of friends who he is always going out with. His contact list on whatsapp is long and he has lots of pictures of himself with many friends too.
Reply 4
Original post by constantine2016
It could be that he might be embarrassed by his friends so doesn't want you to meet them. Or it could be that him and his friends have busy lives and haven't gotten around to arranging something yet. If it makes you feel better a lot of people don't meet their SO's friends in the first 6 months of a relationship. I haven't met my bf's friends yet. Don't let it bother you.

What if he is embarrassed about me? I'm really introverted and nerdy so don't have as many friends as he does.
Original post by Anonymous
What if he is embarrassed about me? I'm really introverted and nerdy so don't have as many friends as he does.

I'm introverted and have only one close friend. In fact, the person closest to me is my sister. There is nothing wrong with having a few good friends you can depend upon rather a bunch of superficial friendships.

Your boyfriend probably isn't embarrassed of you if he still chose to date you despite your nerdy hobbies and introverted personality.

His friends could be shitheads for all you know. So he might be trying to protect you from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending