The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MSc Waiting List in November?

Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile - University of Warwick: Politics and IS
Overall grade so far 69%
Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by crichards3
Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Overall grade so far 69%
Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern

I dont think thats bad i have not received anything and i have applied to the same program in mid october. A considerable number of people usually decline their offers so there is a good chance you will get their seat. Fingers crossed for both of us :smile: and when did you exactly get your acknowledgment mail?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
For me I think it’s a good sign as they tend to appreciate your academic profile but just need a bit of time to digest all information and make a final decision.

In my case I waited all the way from beginning of October to end of January with no news or update and the offer accidentally arrived at the beginning of February.
Hey, It’s the same here. I applied LSE MSc IR in late October, and received a notification email that they are putting me on a waiting list. The email said that they want to gain more understanding about the applicant pool this year. I assume it is the exact same email. Fingers crossed. I’m from the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Reply 4
I have just received the same email saying that I have been put on a waiting list as they want to understand the applicant pool. As they have a rolling system, it makes sense for them to need more time to appreciate the pool of candidates before rushing any decisions. Good luck to everyone.
Reply 5
Original post by laiane
I have just received the same email saying that I have been put on a waiting list as they want to understand the applicant pool. As they have a rolling system, it makes sense for them to need more time to appreciate the pool of candidates before rushing any decisions. Good luck to everyone.

I thought that LSE send out emails and update LSE for you on Fridays only. Did you receive your email today or was it send last Friday and you have seen it now?
I don’t think it is true. I have received mine on Thursday morning.

Original post by AAA9
I thought that LSE send out emails and update LSE for you on Fridays only. Did you receive your email today or was it send last Friday and you have seen it now?
Reply 7
I'd imagine they send out emails as they go along? I check my emails daily and their email was definitely received today.
Original post by crichards3
Hi everyone!

Overall grade so far 69%

Hi, I was just wondering if you had heard back from LSE yet or if you're still on the waiting list.Good luck either way :smile:
rejected in the end. Last week.
Original post by janrachel
Hi, I was just wondering if you had heard back from LSE yet or if you're still on the waiting list.Good luck either way :smile:
Original post by marcoboy1818
rejected in the end. Last week.

Oh I'm so sorry ! Did they at least reconsider the application(by taking it off the waiting list) or did they just inform that it was rejected once the 8 weeks' was up ?
Anyway I wish you all the best for your other endeavors :smile:
Thanks for your response.
Hey!

I got on the waiting list for the MSc in Social Policy (Research) at LSE's department of Social Policy 5 weeks ago.
Today I got the following email:

"We would like to inform you that your application has been sent back to the selectors today for a final decision.
Once a final decision is available, your application tracker will be updated."

Has anyone received the same email? How long did you wait until your final decision?

Good luck with your applications
Original post by Jean-PaulSartre
Hey!

I got on the waiting list for the MSc in Social Policy (Research) at LSE's department of Social Policy 5 weeks ago.
Today I got the following email:

"We would like to inform you that your application has been sent back to the selectors today for a final decision.
Once a final decision is available, your application tracker will be updated."

Has anyone received the same email? How long did you wait until your final decision?

Good luck with your applications

Hello,
It can take anywhere between 10-20 days after it has been sent to the selectors for you to receive the final decision. On the whole, it takes approximately 8-9 weeks from the time your application was PUT ON the waiting list, to receive the result.

Hope this helps!
Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 13
Hi there, thought I’d give you all an update- I’ve been on the waitlist for 12 weeks(!) now, and today I called Graduate Admissions up, to which they told me that the Department have made their decision, and are going to send me an email saying offer/rejection (not sure if that’s a good thing or not). Unfortunately, the lady was not at liberty to tell me which way it will sway, but I’m just glad to know that the wait will soon be over. I’ll let you know what the outcome is, hope you all are successful in your application!
Original post by Franas
Hi there, thought I’d give you all an update- I’ve been on the waitlist for 12 weeks(!) now, and today I called Graduate Admissions up, to which they told me that the Department have made their decision, and are going to send me an email saying offer/rejection (not sure if that’s a good thing or not). Unfortunately, the lady was not at liberty to tell me which way it will sway, but I’m just glad to know that the wait will soon be over. I’ll let you know what the outcome is, hope you all are successful in your application!

Hello Franas,

Did you finally find out? I really hope that you got an offer. It's been 12 weeks in the waitlist as well... and I call them but they told me that they still haven't made a decision.
Reply 15
Original post by Jean-PaulSartre
Hello Franas,

Did you finally find out? I really hope that you got an offer. It's been 12 weeks in the waitlist as well... and I call them but they told me that they still haven't made a decision.

Hi there,

Sorry I forgot to update- I ended up being taken off the waitlist on the 14th March, and was made an unconditional offer for Economic History, my first choice. I also received an anniversary scholarship too. I actually ended up getting an offer soon after I initially posted actually. Is LSE the only university you're waiting for, or do you have other offers already?
Original post by Franas
Hi there,

Sorry I forgot to update- I ended up being taken off the waitlist on the 14th March, and was made an unconditional offer for Economic History, my first choice. I also received an anniversary scholarship too. I actually ended up getting an offer soon after I initially posted actually. Is LSE the only university you're waiting for, or do you have other offers already?

I have a conditional offer from Oxford, but I'll wait until I have a decision from LSE to decide where to study. Its horrible when they put applicants in the waiting list for sooo long..
I've been put on the waiting list since the beginning of January and was taken off the list around the end of March. It's has been a little over two weeks since I have been taken off the list and still, no decision has been made... The website states that waitlisted applicants will be informed of a decision by the end of April, so hopefully this week there will be news.

After waiting so long, it would be a shame to be rejected, but oh well. Unfortunately the long wait puts me at a disadvantage, as I am an international student, there are issues of applying for a visa and securing accommodation.

All I can do right now is wait and vent on this forum. 😂😂
Original post by Infinitef
I've been put on the waiting list since the beginning of January and was taken off the list around the end of March. It's has been a little over two weeks since I have been taken off the list and still, no decision has been made... The website states that waitlisted applicants will be informed of a decision by the end of April, so hopefully this week there will be news.

After waiting so long, it would be a shame to be rejected, but oh well. Unfortunately the long wait puts me at a disadvantage, as I am an international student, there are issues of applying for a visa and securing accommodation.

All I can do right now is wait and vent on this forum. 😂😂

I’m sorry to hear that you have been waiting for a long time which I also had been through that period before (11 weeks in total).

I wish you the successful application and hope they will get back to you with good news shortly :smile:
Hello, I applied for the MPP 2020/2021 in LSE, and I received the same notification you did (placed on the waiting list). Does someone here has been accepted to the MPP/MPA in LSE? I received my LSE ID number in january 22, so my application was sent to the Admission Committee that day, and I received the notification of waiting list today (january 29), 4 working days after my ID.Someone in the same situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending