The Student Room Group

First World Problems - I haven’t got a Prom date??

Right. I know that this is such a petty thing to be worried about, but I am.

Basically, all of my friends have prom dates. Like America, (but not as severe) our school presses on having a prom date and we start formal dance lessons soon.

But I have no one to dance with.

I wouldn’t class myself as ugly, cause a lot of my friends say that I’m fit (THE CRINGE OF WRITING THAT OMFG JSKSJS IMMA KMS LMAO) and I’m not thick because I’m at the top of the majority of my classes (apart from maths and science - they can leave 😂). So I have no idea why I literally have no male friends and why I’ve been single throughout high school... I’ve asked my friends and they say that I may be a bit intimidating cause I’m so focused on school - but I like to think I’m friendly to everyone.

Idk, I just don’t want to be at prom sitting there like a right spud on my own😂. If anyone can shed any light or perhaps relate to me it’d be very much appreciated 😂
Don't go. This is an American tradition. We have voted to take back control. That does not mean aping US traditions as if we were the 51st state.
Reply 2
Original post by KingHarold
Don't go. This is an American tradition. We have voted to take back control. That does not mean aping US traditions as if we were the 51st state.

I’m definitely going to go to prom. Don’t you think that even the most british things (like tea) originate from other countries. The prom is a great way to celebrate your 5 years at high school: American or not.
You really don't need a prom date ! Just because your friends have doesn't mean you do too. There will loads of people without a prom date so uno relax man
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You really don't need a prom date ! Just because your friends have doesn't mean you do too. There will loads of people without a prom date so uno relax man

true true... it’s a bit awks but o well 😂
Original post by Anonymous
Right. I know that this is such a petty thing to be worried about, but I am.

Basically, all of my friends have prom dates. Like America, (but not as severe) our school presses on having a prom date and we start formal dance lessons soon.

But I have no one to dance with.

I wouldn’t class myself as ugly, cause a lot of my friends say that I’m fit (THE CRINGE OF WRITING THAT OMFG JSKSJS IMMA KMS LMAO) and I’m not thick because I’m at the top of the majority of my classes (apart from maths and science - they can leave 😂). So I have no idea why I literally have no male friends and why I’ve been single throughout high school... I’ve asked my friends and they say that I may be a bit intimidating cause I’m so focused on school - but I like to think I’m friendly to everyone.

Idk, I just don’t want to be at prom sitting there like a right spud on my own😂. If anyone can shed any light or perhaps relate to me it’d be very much appreciated 😂

The library may have single people
Wow dance lessons? At my school we weren't even sure if there was going to be a prom until halfway through the year and even then, no one took a prom date unless they already had a boy/girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending