The Student Room Group

What do I do????? No real friends to open up to

❤️Ok my boyfeind of a year and a half had cheated on me with someone as in took her out didn't pay for her kissed her on the cheek hugged her then blocked her when he got home 😕 I don't understand what he got out of that I felt as though he was half cheating.

I have broken up with him he does get in contact with me. What do I do? I told him I need time but I seriously don't know what I need or want? I don't want to her GET RID it's so easy to say that and that's all people would probably say therefore I never get the right advice. I don't feel comfortable going to my friends constantly for advice and more advice than just get rid.

We were going through rough patches however this is no reason To cheat.
I'm stressed out about it and kind of upset I'm not crying and stuff but in my head I just don't feel ok.❤️
(edited 6 years ago)
just block him on all social media and delete his number , practically cut him out of ur life and move on
If you don't think he's worth it, (although from your post I think you do) then block the number and move on.
If you think he is worth it, give him a chance to explain himself. After you've seen his explanation you can better decide whether or not you might consider letting him back.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
just block him on all social media and delete his number , practically cut him out of ur life and move on

We both love eachother. I told him. I don't want to cut him off if it was an honest mistake. Which he claims.
Original post by DaftVader
If you don't think he's worth it, (although from your post I think you do) then block the number and move on.
If you think he is worth it, give him a chance to explain himself. After you've seen his explanation you can better decide whether or not you might consider letting him back.

We've spoken but we haven't met up I keep saying I need time. I don't want to meet up with him incase he thinks he can do it again because I'm so quick to meet him do you know what I mean? What would you do? How do I know what he's saying is genuine because my trust has been broken ?
Reply 5
Original post by Jessicapaula
We both love eachother. I told him. I don't want to cut him off if it was an honest mistake. Which he claims.

Lol I doubt taking someone out is an 'honest mistake', he clearly planned it
You can if you want to listen to him try and justify it. But justify cheating on his girlfriend? Cheating is no honest mistake. He obviously knew what he was doing and didn't have you in mind at the time. Honey, don't let him bargain his way back into your life. If he didn't put you first once, I can guarantee he'd do it again. Give yourself time to process it and then let him the f*ck go. He's not worth your time.
We've spoken but we haven't met up I keep saying I need time. I don't want to meet up with him incase he thinks he can do it again because I'm so quick to meet him do you know what I mean? What would you do? How do I know what he's saying is genuine because my trust has been broken ?

There's no guarantee that what he says is going to be true, but there never is. If you ask him (via text rather than in person) why it was that he felt he had to cheat on you, his response will either be that it was a spur of the moment thing, or that he was in some way unsatisfied with your relationship at the time. If it's the former then he's more likely to cheat again, but if it's the latter then you might be able to fix your relationship. Either way, make sure he knows that he has to earn your trust back.

i doubt kissing and hugging and going out with another girl is an honest mistake
There's no guarantee that what he says is going to be true, but there never is. If you ask him (via text rather than in person) why it was that he felt he had to cheat on you, his response will either be that it was a spur of the moment thing, or that he was in some way unsatisfied with your relationship at the time. If it's the former then he's more likely to cheat again, but if it's the latter then you might be able to fix your relationship. Either way, make sure he knows that he has to earn your trust back.

I know why he cheated I had a feeling some thing would happen and separate us. The last 4 months of the relationship it was ended things weren't the same sometimes they would be but majority or the time we didn't want to talk to eachother because we would always argue we stopped dates ect. There was more to it than this also. I would always talk about my feelings never his I would always blame things on him than focus on my wrong which I did a lot of the time. How do I make sure he knows it? I just don't know what to do. This has been mine and his first serious relationship we're both (20).
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i doubt kissing and hugging and going out with another girl is an honest mistake

Sure. He knows it isn't and so do I. His mum said to him he needs to learn and it's his fault.

I know why he cheated I had a feeling some thing would happen and separate us. The last 4 months of the relationship it was ended things weren't the same sometimes they would be but majority or the time we didn't want to talk to eachother because we would always argue we stopped dates ect. There was more to it than this also. I would always talk about my feelings never his I would always blame things on him than focus on my wrong which I did a lot of the time. How do I make sure he knows it? I just don't know what to do. This has been mine and his first serious relationship we're both (20).
Bin him.
Sure. He knows it isn't and so do I. His mum said to him he needs to learn and it's his fault.

tell everything u said here to him

It's easiest just to say it to him. Say that you're sorry, and you're not disinterested in getting back with him, but you need more time to collect yourself. Ask him to wait for you, and when you're both ready you can try again, this time knowing what it is the other wants.
It's easiest just to say it to him. Say that you're sorry, and you're not disinterested in getting back with him, but you need more time to collect yourself. Ask him to wait for you, and when you're both ready you can try again, this time knowing what it is the other wants.

Sorry about what? Also how long do I make him wait. I do keep telling him to wait but it's just I can't let him wait years can I ? I have to be selfish because I deserve to be , it's been a month and a half since we ended.

DO you think it's better in person or text.
Sorry about what? Also how long do I make him wait. I do keep telling him to wait but it's just I can't let him wait years can I ? I have to be selfish because I deserve to be , it's been a month and a half since we ended.

You make him wait as long as it takes for you to be ready, no more, no less. If he's still trying to get back with you after a month and a half then he's definitely still interested in you, so it's entirely your choice.

You don't have to apologise if you don't want to but from what you said the breakdown in the relationship was at least partly your fault, and he might resent you not admitting to that.
DO you think it's better in person or text.

I honestly can't answer that. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
You make him wait as long as it takes for you to be ready, no more, no less. If he's still trying to get back with you after a month and a half then he's definitely still interested in you, so it's entirely your choice.

You don't have to apologise if you don't want to but from what you said the breakdown in the relationship was at least partly your fault, and he might resent you not admitting to that.

True. Thank you. I'm just in sugar a difficult position most will say not to once a cheat always a cheat others would say people make mistakes and ect.... some people said to me what he did was half cheating but I just don't understand. I'm so so confused and stressed out its such a difficult choice to make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending