The Student Room Group

Open Day Application Help!

Hi, I'm filling out Open Day applications for a law firm. It does not ask me for a CV, but does ask me to list my work experience. It asks for the company name, position, date worked, and asks me to, "outline details/responsibilities in 150 words or less".

So when I outline my responsibilities, should I copy and paste the bullet points on my CV like this?

Contributed with a team of ten elves to produce wooden horses for Santa

Or do I write it out in complete sentences?

"As a helper elf, I helped produce toys for Santa to deliver on Christmas Eve."
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
Will the bullet points be obvious on the form?

Will there be other sections where you need to write in full sentences?

If so, you can go with the bullet points. Although with the above example there is only 2 words difference anyway and the bullet point might count as a word, so it could only be 1.

Thank you for your response!

In addition to the job description, there are two questions ("Why do you want to attend the open day?" and "What question do you want to ask?") that I have to answer. They are in the same section of the application as the work experience list.

Based on the application preview, the bullet points are obvious.
Reply 2
At an event I was at the other day someone asked this...the response from the recruiter was whichever you prefer...they didn’t seem to have a preference. Also said the work experience section was more about getting a picture of what you’ve been doing and filling any gaps in your history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending