The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clouddbubbles
good morning everyone!

this morning my plan is to draft my history essay, edit t and write up a final version tonight :smile:
i’m using a revision guide to help me structure it as well as some class resources... hopefully i’ll get high marks on this!!!

the thing i’m struggling with the most is the page limit - ive got one page to fit this all onto but i still want it to be as detailed as possible *goodluck2me*

FBC06AFB-987E-4D3E-828E-F023DD17C61C.jpg.jpeg
5C457817-3B0C-4A3E-BE78-8C3908DB8290.jpg.jpeg
A383063E-82ED-4B34-8467-B801A202BEAE.jpg.jpeg

Ooh which textbook is this? It looks really useful, my textbook doesn't explain how to answer the questions (and my teacher is not the greatest when it comes to stuff like this:biggrin:) Also how is your handwriting so pristine?! That must've taken dedication when you were learning to write:smile:
Original post by Toastiekid
Ooh which textbook is this? It looks really useful, my textbook doesn't explain how to answer the questions (and my teacher is not the greatest when it comes to stuff like this:biggrin:) Also how is your handwriting so pristine?! That must've taken dedication when you were learning to write:smile:

it’s the edexcel history 9-1 books, this one is on elizabethan england :smile:
yeah it’s really helpful and my teacher didn’t really explain how to write it well - just how to write it so i was a bit confused!

ah you might think so but no, ive always had pretty average handwriting and i always used to think it was really neat (it wasn’t) i think i started doing swirly a’s in year 6, in year 7 i copies a lot of people’s handwriting so it was really messy and disgusting and ugh - but since year 8 i’ve developed my own handwriting it’s kinda big and a bit loopy when i have to write a lot :biggrin: so while it might seem ive had the gift of handwriting for a long time, i reckon i’ve only written like this for 2 years?!

hope you have a good day!
hii! i love your gyg thread so far, subbing x
Original post by celestine_1
hii! i love your gyg thread so far, subbing x

thank you!
will return the ‘favour’ when i get back home as i’m out atm :biggrin:
it’s the edexcel history 9-1 books, this one is on elizabethan england :smile:
yeah it’s really helpful and my teacher didn’t really explain how to write it well - just how to write it so i was a bit confused!

ah you might think so but no, ive always had pretty average handwriting and i always used to think it was really neat (it wasn’t) i think i started doing swirly a’s in year 6, in year 7 i copies a lot of people’s handwriting so it was really messy and disgusting and ugh - but since year 8 i’ve developed my own handwriting it’s kinda big and a bit loopy when i have to write a lot :biggrin: so while it might seem ive had the gift of handwriting for a long time, i reckon i’ve only written like this for 2 years?!

hope you have a good day!

I’m definitely going to check out this textbook, fortunately I have a few weeks till my history mock! And your handwriting is wayyy better then mine, I’ve quite literally never cared about it which is reflected in how it looks:biggrin:
I’m definitely going to check out this textbook, fortunately I have a few weeks till my history mock! And your handwriting is wayyy better then mine, I’ve quite literally never cared about it which is reflected in how it looks:biggrin:

are you doing edexcel history? :biggrin:
it’s a great book!

ahh thank you, i don’t really care about it either you should see it at the end of some of my english tests! its just scrawls (oops)

i’m sure it’s not bad thoughhh
Nice thread! Will be watching this :biggrin:
Original post by AJ471
Nice thread! Will be watching this :biggrin:

why thank you :smile:)
i hope you enjoy it!
are you doing edexcel history? :biggrin:
it’s a great book!

ahh thank you, i don’t really care about it either you should see it at the end of some of my english tests! its just scrawls (oops)

i’m sure it’s not bad thoughhh

Yup I’m doing Edexcel History (wooo) aha haven’t we had this conversation before?:u:
HOw’s your weekend going? Mine is boriiinnnnngggggg
(No clue what happened there^:biggrin:)
Yup I’m doing Edexcel History (wooo) aha haven’t we had this conversation before?:u:
HOw’s your weekend going? Mine is boriiinnnnngggggg
(No clue what happened there^:biggrin:)

probably haah! i just forget...

it’s going alright but my back is really painful :frown:
probably haah! i just forget...

it’s going alright but my back is really painful :frown:

Oh No that doesn’t sound good! You looking forward to the week ahead? I have a post-16 intention interview ughhhhh
Oh No that doesn’t sound good! You looking forward to the week ahead? I have a post-16 intention interview ughhhhh

no it’s so bad and i’m meant to be shopping :frown:
not really! to be honest i might take the day off tomorrow, i’m feeling really rough...

ive also got LOADS of tests!!! ughhh
no it’s so bad and i’m meant to be shopping :frown:
not really! to be honest i might take the day off tomorrow, i’m feeling really rough...

ive also got LOADS of tests!!! ughhh

Is it a medical condition?
And if you’re feeling ill or whatever you should take the day off, there’s no point you going in if you’re not actually going to learn anything and you might feel worse after. Idk i mean I’m not an aspiring medic:biggrin: but maybe see how you feel tomorrow morning?:s-smilie:
Is it a medical condition?
And if you’re feeling ill or whatever you should take the day off, there’s no point you going in if you’re not actually going to learn anything and you might feel worse after. Idk i mean I’m not an aspiring medic:biggrin: but maybe see how you feel tomorrow morning?:s-smilie:

nope! i’m just feeling really ill and everything hurts :frown:
id agree, ive been ill so much recently and one day i was in school and i honestly just had my head in the hands the whole day - it would’ve been better to stay at home!
don’t want to miss school though ahhh
yeah i’ll see how i feel in the morning! (hopefully i’ll feel better and i can actually get stuff done?!)
helloooo!
unfortunately felt too ill to go into school today :frown:

still got stuff done though! finished my history essay (which im about to type up) and revised a bit for my chemistry test which is tomorrow... but most of the day i was in bed watching reality tv! :crast: oooooooppppppsssss...

i've still got a bit of catch up to do too! i missed oral mock preparation *yikes* in spanish and a required practical in biology :rolleyes:
ive also got to write up analysis of chapter 3 frankenstein!

hopefully i'll feel a bit better tomorrow?!

someone also let me know what i got in the RE test i did last thursday
apparently i got 24/27 - not bad! obviously in a subject like RE i would hope for full marks but it's okay for my first exam-type question test :smile:

i'll post some photos later to shake things up a bit and update some more!

i hope everyone else had a good day; anya :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
helloooo!

still got stuff done though! finished my history essay (which im about to type up) and revised a bit for my chemistry test which is tomorrow... but most of the day i was in bed watching reality tv! :crast: oooooooppppppsssss...

i've still got a bit of catch up to do too! i missed oral mock preparation *yikes* in spanish and a required practical in biology :rolleyes:

apparently i got 24/27 - not bad! obviously in a subject like RE i would hope for full marks but it's okay for my first exam-type question test :smile:

get well soon xxxx
Hey! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well at the moment :console: but powering through and getting work done on top of it? That's dedication! Be careful not to tire yourself out too much though, make sure you put your health before school work :yep:

Definitely keep me tagged, I'll be following this and shall go back and read all you've written so far :biggrin:
helloooo!

aw hope you feel better soon!:smile:
Well done on your R.S test and have fun catching up on the work missed:biggrin: (it probably won’t take long tho???)
if you need any help with Frankenstein I’ve got notes (i think...) on chapter 3!:tongue:
helloooo!

Hope you get well soon x

Well done on still getting stuff done and that was a great result on your RE test - congratulations :smile:
Original post by mez_merising
get well soon xxxx

thank you my lovely :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending