The Student Room Group

GYG 2017-18 Reach for the A*s...or 9s or...whatever

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for the tag.
GCSEs are just :colonhash:. Luckily, my mocks are in January, but I have an RS and Computer Science test coming up soon that I'm kind of stressed about. (I'm predicted 9s and 8s in my subjects and feel a lot of pressure to live up to those expectations).
Do you feel the same about tests?
Original post by celestine_1
thanks for the tag! i've got a bio test on tuesday and am doing so many online quizzes right now, x

good luck!! what’s the bio test on?
Original post by BChemGee
Thank you for the tag.
GCSEs are just :colonhash:. Luckily, my mocks are in January, but I have an RS and Computer Science test coming up soon that I'm kind of stressed about. (I'm predicted 9s and 8s in my subjects and feel a lot of pressure to live up to those expectations).
Do you feel the same about tests?

yessss especially coming from a stereotypical Asian household where anything less than an 8 gets you disowned hahaa😅 im sure you’ll do amazing xx

biology, chemistry and physics this week
*ughhhhhh*
Original post by mez_merising
good luck!! what’s the bio test on?

thank you!! it's on varieties of living organisms, diffusion, osmosis, enzymes, and respiration :frown:(
Original post by clouddbubbles
biology, chemistry and physics this week
*ughhhhhh*

sighhhh good luck!!!
yessss especially coming from a stereotypical Asian household where anything less than an 8 gets you disowned hahaa😅 im sure you’ll do amazing xx

Aww thanks xx. I understand the pressure from your family to succeed, I'm Nigerian and I remember one time I brought home a biology test where I lost 7 marks out of 50-something and I was really proud of myself and the first my mom said was "How did you lose 7 marks?" :shot::laugh:.
7B6FAA6A-F2FB-4A58-A3BE-BE86E4ACFFFD.jpg.jpeg

these are amazingggg! teach me your handwriting ways :smile:
there's too many distractions!!!!

way too many :tongue:
7B6FAA6A-F2FB-4A58-A3BE-BE86E4ACFFFD.jpg.jpeg

Pretty notes 💗

Luckily I haven't :smile:
Thanks for the tag btw
Reply 191

Thanks for the tag! Your GYG blog is so great, I hope you get all the grades you want! I'm a terrible procrastinator too... I find it super hard to find tv shows/ music I can revise to without getting distracted haha
Original post by BChemGee
Aww thanks xx. I understand the pressure from your family to succeed, I'm Nigerian and I remember one time I brought home a biology test where I lost 7 marks out of 50-something and I was really proud of myself and the first my mom said was "How did you lose 7 marks?" :shot::laugh:.

sameeee omg I got an a* in rs last year but got an a in one paper and full ums in the other but my mum was like “hmmm what’s this???”
Original post by faithoshxo
these are amazingggg! teach me your handwriting ways :smile:

my handwriting differs from time to time like I have a ‘nice’ writing and ‘exam’ writing and ‘cba’ writing 😂😂
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Pretty notes 💗

thank youu💕
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Luckily I haven't :smile:
Thanks for the tag btw

no problem xx
Original post by a1icia
Thanks for the tag! Your GYG blog is so great, I hope you get all the grades you want! I'm a terrible procrastinator too... I find it super hard to find tv shows/ music I can revise to without getting distracted haha

so is yours!!!

it seems like everyone’s suffering from procrastination, I might have to get it diagnosed😂😂
Reply 197
so is yours!!!

it seems like everyone’s suffering from procrastination, I might have to get it diagnosed😂😂

Maybe there's a medicine for it?
my handwriting differs from time to time like I have a ‘nice’ writing and ‘exam’ writing and ‘cba’ writing 😂😂

same tbh. i obsess over my writing way too much and i got told off for my writing being too neat in my rs exam cos i only completed half the paper! i have developed a exam writing now and its not pretty😂😂 but it saves time
Mon 13th Nov

B i O L o G y
did the required practical on finding out whether they were starch, sugar, lipid or protein. kinda cool, and the biuret? chemical was sooo pretty!!!

C H e M i S T R y
did some more stuff on moles, kinda confusing but by the end i sorta got it? (story of my life)

L a T i N
had the test...it was ok? i messed up the grammar questions tho

D R a M a
ughhh we spent the lesson writing analysis and heard this a level one which was too good and we were like omd how can she remember so much that's happened in the play AND analyse it?!!?

e N g L i S H
something about an inspector calls? our teachers really dragging this out....

also today we had our prefect application assembly! do you have prefects at your school?

cloudbubbles
A.N123
Toastiekid
Nikey
Fox Corner
faithoshxo
Mikos
laurawatt
SmartMemoryGirl!
troubletracking
BChemGee
(NaCl)-ty