The Student Room Group

I'm only applying to two unis. Should I go for a third?

Hi!

I'm in the (long and boring) process of putting together my UCAS application, but I'm currently only applying to two universities. I've visited both, but not any others, and I'm fairly set on the idea of going to either, but I'm worried about how to go about the other three application spaces.

I'm not 100% confident that I'll get into either, but I'm also not going to have the opportunity to go to any more open days before (or even after) the UCAS deadline and, even so, there aren't really any others that hugely stand out to me anyway.

In summary, I'm kind of hoping for some advice on whether I should apply for a third university that I won't have the chance to visit (just in case I do fail), or stick with the two that I currently have and hope for the best.

Thanks!
Original post by damnshinoda
Hi!

I'm in the (long and boring) process of putting together my UCAS application, but I'm currently only applying to two universities. I've visited both, but not any others, and I'm fairly set on the idea of going to either, but I'm worried about how to go about the other three application spaces.

I'm not 100% confident that I'll get into either, but I'm also not going to have the opportunity to go to any more open days before (or even after) the UCAS deadline and, even so, there aren't really any others that hugely stand out to me anyway.

In summary, I'm kind of hoping for some advice on whether I should apply for a third university that I won't have the chance to visit (just in case I do fail), or stick with the two that I currently have and hope for the best.

Thanks!

If you can't visit it but on paper it looks like a good choice then there's nothing stopping you applying and going to visit after the deadline and if it's not the right choice then you can get rid of that choice.
Original post by damnshinoda
Hi!

Thanks!

I dont see why you wouldnt put another 3 down tbh, just research the places the uni is in online, look at the course structure etc and then if you get offers from them visit them to see what they are like
Apply for all 5.
It costs the same $24 or $26 to apply to 2 as it does to 5 so it is probably worth it.

If you're (not unreasonably) confident in getting offers from both that you will then accept, then it probably doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest