The Student Room Group

Resitting A level maths

I got a C in AS maths attaining a B in C1, C in C2 and C in S1. I'm hoping for an A at the end of A levels where I also take C3 C4 and M1. I will resit C2 but that will still make it quite hard to get an A overall. Is it worth resitting S1 despite it not being taught it in lessons and also studying two other A levels as well as doing the three modules this year? How much extra work does it take up and will it be any easier after doing it at AS?
Reply 1
Resit C1 and C2. They're both be loads easier after you've studied C3 & C4.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Resit C1 and C2. They're both be loads easier after you've studied C3 & C4.

Even if I do resit both, the 60UMS in S1, still will make it very hard to get an A overall in Maths so would'nt it be better to do both S1 and C2 or just C2?
Reply 3
Original post by Lil Rod
Even if I do resit both, the 60UMS in S1, still will make it very hard to get an A overall in Maths so would'nt it be better to do both S1 and C2 or just C2?

C3 and C4 are considerably harder than the AS units so if you can improve on S1 with out too much effort then do them all. However, look at when your exams are timetabled - for Edexcel, C1 and C2 are before half term (and so before the A level exams start) whereas S1 is on 13 June and may detract from revision of an A level exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
C3 and C4 are considerably harder than the AS units so if you can improve on S1 with out too much effort then do them all. However, look at when your exams are timetabled - for Edexcel, C1 and C2 are before half term (and so before the A level exams start) whereas S1 is on 13 June and may detract from revision of an A level exam.

Oh alright, so do you think if I work hard in both C1 and C2 i could acheive around 90UMS as well as hopefully getting around 80 in C3 C4 and M1? Or is that unrealistic as shown through my AS grade?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest