Original post by manlike99
Thank you :smile:
Newcastle
Manchester
HYMS

Message me how much do you charge
Barts

Why did you pick barts instead of the others? Do you like it there?
Original post by warmmuffin
Why did you pick barts instead of the others? Do you like it there?

Barts is a much more prestigious and respected medical school than the others. It is ranked 3rd(or 2nd, depending on which league table you look at) in the UK. I love it here.
Barts is a much more prestigious and respected medical school than the others. It is ranked 3rd(or 2nd, depending on which league table you look at) in the UK. I love it here.

What resources did you use to prepare for the interviews??

cheers
Original post by TracyEmu
What resources did you use to prepare for the interviews??

cheers

pm me

Yet its graduates have the 3rd worst rates for passing postgraduate exams (11% below the national average, 27.2% below the top-performing med school) and the 5th worst score for how prepared their graduates feel for their F1 jobs (27.9% below the top scoring med school)! So depends how you measure "prestigious" and "respected", I suppose!
Original post by GANFYD
Yet its graduates have the 3rd worst rates for passing postgraduate exams (11% below the national average, 27.2% below the top-performing med school) and the 5th worst score for how prepared their graduates feel for their F1 jobs (27.9% below the top scoring med school)! So depends how you measure "prestigious" and "respected", I suppose!

Jeez, who's 1 and 2?
Original post by arigziegler
Jeez, who's 1 and 2?

What, worst??

For passing post grad exams (all specialties): Swansea and Keele
Barts

What were your stats?
Thank you :smile:
Newcastle
Manchester
HYMS

what was the Newcastle one like? :smile:
Original post by GANFYD

yeh and thats nothing to do with prestige tho lmao. It is well known how respected Barts is and there must be a reason for it to be in the top 3 year in, year out. Anyway ngl I would have been over the moon with just 1 offer because it doesn't matter where you study medicine, doctor is doctor. but to say it's not one of the more respected and prestigious, is not true. As if we're digging into these things, GMC did say that Barts makes the best junior doctors albeit in like 2007 lol but if you want to be pedantic and nitpicky....
Original post by Ahmad Sauyack
What were your stats?

7As3Bs GCSE
bbbb AS
A*A*A predicted
ended up achieving A*AA
793 band 1
Original post by xJessScott
what was the Newcastle one like? :smile:

pm me, I can help a lot regarding Newcastle
Reply 136
does anyone know UKCAT cut off scores for Edinburgh and St Andrews??

which league table was that? The only league tables I've seen placed Barts near the bottom
Original post by RockGirl19
which league table was that? The only league tables I've seen placed Barts near the bottom

lol dunno which ones you've been looking at. there's only 2 that people look at and it's always near the top...
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine 4th but Swansea is 3rd so basically 3rd as Swansea is only for grads...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-medicine = 3rd

what other league tables even are there for medicine...
lol dunno which ones you've been looking at. there's only 2 that people look at and it's always near the top...
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine 4th but Swansea is 3rd so basically 3rd as Swansea is only for grads...

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2017/may/16/university-guide-2018-league-table-for-medicine = 3rd

what other league tables even are there for medicine...

Sorry I fell like an idiot (My explanation isn't going to help with this at all):

I had no idea that Barts and Queen Mary's were the same thing (I didn't bother looking at them because I'm Scottish and can't afford fees, and I've never been to London).

Because I'd never seen Barts near the top, I just assumed it was near the bottom.

Again, sorry for being a complete idiot😂
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending