The Student Room Group

How many Mocks are there usually meant to be in Year 11 before the actual GCSEs?

Currently going through my first set of Mocks in year 11 which end next week. Even though they're really annoying :angry::angry: I think they help get used to the routine, at least for me they do. So I wanted to get an idea of how many there'll be before the actual exams.
I think it’s about 2/3 depending on the school. Good luck with them!:biggrin:
Original post by _amz_
Currently going through my first set of Mocks in year 11 which end next week. Even though they're really annoying :angry::angry: I think they help get used to the routine, at least for me they do. So I wanted to get an idea of how many there'll be before the actual exams.

Well my school only did one set of mock exams in December, but through out the rest of the year we constantly focused on just past papers (Except for history since my teacher taught us the wrong unit :/)

But this differs from school to school so I dunno about your school specifically. However, expect a ton of past papers up until GCSEs even if they aren't officially called 'mocks'
I've already had a set, and have some more in February. I think 2 is the norm.
Original post by _amz_

We had the main ones in December of all subjects, and then ones just for Maths and English at the end of March which were more accurate predictions :smile:
Original post by _amz_

I had two sets. One before Christmas and one just before Easter.

You're in your final year, the end is near :wink: Just keep ploughing ahead
Reply 6
Original post by SlashaRussia
Well my school only did one set of mock exams in December, but through out the rest of the year we constantly focused on just past papers (Except for history since my teacher taught us the wrong unit :/)

But this differs from school to school so I dunno about your school specifically. However, expect a ton of past papers up until GCSEs even if they aren't officially called 'mocks'

Wow that must have been annoying for history. I think we'll be doing specimen papers then cos we're doing the new GCSEs
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Cow
I had two sets. One before Christmas and one just before Easter.

You're in your final year, the end is near :wink: Just keep ploughing ahead

Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
We had the main ones in December of all subjects, and then ones just for Maths and English at the end of March which were more accurate predictions :smile:

Original post by Toastiekid
I think it’s about 2/3 depending on the school. Good luck with them!:biggrin:

I'm definitely going to prepare better for the next ones so I'm ready for the real exams (English is just gonna be the biggest pain in the ass). Thanks for all the info and good wishes :smile:
Hi,
Thanks for your comment!
Normally, I think its fair to say that 3 sets of mocks for each subject are enough! (I know this means a lot of revision and hard work) Although this may differ from school to school.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by haneeq786
Hi,
Thanks for your comment!
Normally, I think its fair to say that 3 sets of mocks for each subject are enough! (I know this means a lot of revision and hard work) Although this may differ from school to school.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Yeah I need to start revising rigorously now (but it's so hard :frown:). Thank you!
I had one set at the end of year 10 and one in around February Year 11.
Good question.
Back in GCSEs, my school had Christmas mocks (penultimate week before we broke up) and March mocks. However, there were numerous assessment weeks in between.
Reply 12
Original post by MajorFader
Good question.
Back in GCSEs, my school had Christmas mocks (penultimate week before we broke up) and March mocks. However, there were numerous assessment weeks in between.

Even if I'm stressing now, I'm sure that I'll look back at it after my GCSEs and be grateful for the preparation it gave me :burnout:
I had 3 before mine
Reply 14
There is one official mock exam which will be the expected grade for the final. It is the official one the school/college puts forward to the examining board as part of the course, and the one they fall back on if you don't attend or need a remark etc.

The others are just practice papers. I did 4 practice papers and 1 mock before my final exam last year.

The official mock is done under exam conditions sometimes in the place you will take the exam or in the class room, it just depends on the school/college.
hi, it's been 3 years!!
just got results of my mock 2 and failed go 3 s and 4 s.My dream job is becoming a pharmacist Manager but i have clearly failed. I WANT A ANOTHER CHANCE i can't turn back time guys what can i do
im in foundation for maths and science :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest