The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer help?

So I applied to Oxford as well as York for Music. I still haven’t heard back from Oxford yet as they are still considering who to give an interview to. My offer for Oxford is AAA however I have applied to York too who have made an unconditional offer for me. I would be just as happy going to York as going to Oxford but I still want to go to Oxford. Should I just put York as my firm and take the unconditional because it would make my life 10x easier or should I put Oxford as my firm (providing I get an interview and am made an offer? And risk not getting three A’s and also losing my unconditional?
Original post by evegeog
So I applied to Oxford as well as York for Music. I still haven’t heard back from Oxford yet as they are still considering who to give an interview to. My offer for Oxford is AAA however I have applied to York too who have made an unconditional offer for me. I would be just as happy going to York as going to Oxford but I still want to go to Oxford. Should I just put York as my firm and take the unconditional because it would make my life 10x easier or should I put Oxford as my firm (providing I get an interview and am made an offer? And risk not getting three A’s and also losing my unconditional?

Wait to hear from oxford, if york have offered you an unconditional now then it's likely they would take you if you slightly missed your offer if you put them as your insurance.
Just wait, you have until next year to decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending