The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GausIsTheBoss
you're one lucky guy.

Oh nonono! In France despite choosing the scientific stream I still have 3h per week of philosophy, 2,5h per week of history geography and 2h of Spanish and 2 of English (useless for me as native speaker but still extra hours) and 2h of sport (which I enjoy) on top of my main subjects (maths, physics engineering) resulting in a 38 h week, on top of which we have homework etc. Soooo no, Id personally prefer A levels
Original post by BlueberryViolin
For what course?

hsps :smile:
Original post by bulbs
I've applied to Fitz too, not heard anything though! What course are you doing?

Heyy, im applying for HSPS, what about you?
Original post by ImprobableCacti
May I ask the Queens' interviewees roughly what time of day you received your invites?

I received my invite (maths) at 3:38 pm on 11th November.

EDIT: 10th not 11th
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zeldor711

Thanks for the reply - I was just trying to judge what time an email (hopefully not containing a rejection) will come :smile:
Original post by zeldor711

Was this last year? Wouldn't expect them to send invites on a weekend.
Original post by CharmSpirit
Oh nonono! In France despite choosing the scientific stream I still have 3h per week of philosophy, 2,5h per week of history geography and 2h of Spanish and 2 of English (useless for me as native speaker but still extra hours) and 2h of sport (which I enjoy) on top of my main subjects (maths, physics engineering) resulting in a 38 h week, on top of which we have homework etc. Soooo no, Id personally prefer A levels

That's sounds very similar to the German Abitur with all the compulsory subjects, I can relate... At the beginning I thought it was nice to be able to do so many subjects, but now I just wish I could get rid of all the unessecary stuff like Art and Geography which is driving me mad because it takes up so much time :angry:
Original post by AspiringUnderdog

Some do - see last year's dates:

Attachment not found

Edit - reloaded image.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by julie_eee
Heyy, im applying for HSPS, what about you?

Aha I'm hsps too!
Original post by CompSciCat
That's sounds very similar to the German Abitur with all the compulsory subjects, I can relate... At the beginning I thought it was nice to be able to do so many subjects, but now I just wish I could get rid of all the unessecary stuff like Art and Geography which is driving me mad because it takes up so much time :angry:

I agree, I spend so much time writing my philosophy essay and doing other homework instead of concentrating on important subjects —‘ I can’t wait to study what I want!
Original post by Doonesbury
Some do - see last year's dates:

Spoiler

the attachment won't show. :/
I think the spoiler has glitched it for me. Could you send it again without please?

Also, if this is what I think it is I do have doubts about that since a lot of the earlier ones on the table came with obviously false grades.
Thanks for the reply - I was just trying to judge what time an email (hopefully not containing a rejection) will come :smile:

it was the 10th, not the 11th (American format got me xD)
the attachment won't show. :/
I think the spoiler has glitched it for me. Could you send it again without please?

Also, if this is what I think it is I do have doubts about that since a lot of the earlier ones on the table came with obviously false grades.

Redone in that post.

Sourced from the "Charts" tab:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GdP19jokg6fdfvAWpJt-Ysj387kNCXUU_yx4AvbUQ3s/edit#gid=2095811858
Ant CS applicants here?
Original post by PickleRic
Ant CS applicants here?

Yeah there are quite a few

Me and @CompSciCat to name two :smile:
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
Been invited to interview at Selwyn on the 6th December! Sadly I still have an at interview admissions test to go...

Congratulations and good luck on the admissions test!! 🎉
Original post by katierebekah
Congratulations and good luck on the admissions test!! 🎉

Thank you!!
Original post by bulbs
Aha I'm hsps too!

cool! what other unis are you applying to?
Reply 198
Original post by julie_eee
cool! what other unis are you applying to?

KCL, Edinburgh, York and Bristol - wbu?
Yeah there are quite a few

Me and @CompSciCat to name two :smile:

Great, What college and which option?

Latest

Trending

Trending