The Student Room Group

Jesus College (Oxford) Applicants 2018

I've noticed there's been a lot of talk lately about Oxford colleges and have yet to find someone applying directly to Jesus college (like me!)

So... If you're applying drop a comment maybe? I've applied for biological sciences :smile: there

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I've applied for Maths at Jesus
Reply 2
Economics and Management @ Jesus College!!
I made an open application and got allocated to here, found out that 4/100 people get into E&M each year :frown:
Original post by MansNotHot12

I applied for Maths at Jesus too. How did you find the MAT?
Original post by Thlwn
Economics and Management @ Jesus College!!
I made an open application and got allocated to here, found out that 4/100 people get into E&M each year :frown:

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine! Did you have to do an admissions test to get in? I didn't, and don't really think I have a shot seeing as for my course it's 100% based on application. My stats weren't too great tbh but we'll see :smile:

Finally, someone else has applied to Jesus! Why did you apply there? I was advised to do it because it's the known Welsh college, so my Head of Year was fully on that Jesus bandwagon. I also visited in summer and it look pretty neat :wink:
Original post by charliegeorgia3

Math applicant here (not Jesus but st peters).
Just wanted to know your opinion on the MAT?
How do you think you did?
I think I did very average.
Original post by Parvati Patil
Finally, someone else has applied to Jesus! Why did you apply there? I was advised to do it because it's the known Welsh college, so my Head of Year was fully on that Jesus bandwagon. I also visited in summer and it look pretty neat :wink:

I went on the Uniq summer school and one of the mentors was from Jesus and she really sold it to me. Then I also had the chance to look around and it's great in terms of location being tucked away in the city centre and good size too!

Tbh, it wasn't my greatest hour - the questions were OK but I didn't manage my time well and ran out. I'm not the most confident on it, but I'm hoping that the rest of my application will drag it up.. how about you?
Tbh, it wasn't my greatest hour - the questions were OK but I didn't manage my time well and ran out. I'm not the most confident on it, but I'm hoping that the rest of my application will drag it up.. how about you?

What score do you think you'll be getting?

Don't worry I didn't find some of the questions great either, not confident I'll get an interview but I guess I'll have to see.
Computer Science applicant here!

I found the MAT pretty tough...
Original post by Rohan77642
Math applicant here (not Jesus but st peters).
Just wanted to know your opinion on the MAT?
How do you think you did?
I think I did very average.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll get a pretty average score too tbh going off other years, guess I'll see have to see what happens. I found the paper quite tough in some parts in comparison to past papers.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll get a pretty average score too tbh going off other years, guess I'll see have to see what happens. I found the paper quite tough in some parts in comparison to past papers.

Yeah, same. Let's hope the threshold scores are lower this year.
Don't worry I didn't find some of the questions great either, not confident I'll get an interview but I guess I'll have to see.

Can only try to stay optimistic now.. hate this feeling of being in limbo though, where else have you applied?
Don't you guys think that the MAT this year was harder than most past papers?
Like I thought that the paper was comparable to 2013 and 2015 in terms of difficulty.
What are your opinions on this?
Like I thought that the paper was comparable to 2013 and 2015 in terms of difficulty.

I think you're not too far off, however some people on the MAT prep thread said it was inbetween 2015 and 2016 in terms of difficulty

It was harder than the 2015 paper for sure. But other people in the MAT thread are saying that it was easier which I don't really understand.
Original post by premedmath
It was harder than the 2015 paper for sure. But other people in the MAT thread are saying that it was easier which I don't really understand.

I won't say it was harder than 2015 (maybe it was idk). But it was definitely similar in difficulty. The fact that people are saying it was significantly easier worries me a little.
But I will say that I felt as though it was definitely harder compared to 2016 and 2014. What do you guys think?
(edited 6 years ago)
Can only try to stay optimistic now.. hate this feeling of being in limbo though, where else have you applied?

Durham (University College)
Nottingham
York
Lancaster
How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending