The Student Room Group

Stuck on simple question

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question: what is the total number of ions (to 2 d.p.) in 25 cm3 of a 0.05 mol dm3 Solution of Na2SO4?
Any help is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
is this acid base equilibria ?
Original post by Retro_bean
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question: what is the total number of ions (to 2 d.p.) in 25 cm3 of a 0.05 mol dm3 Solution of Na2SO4?

Firstly try working out the number of moles of Na2SO4. Then think about how many ions are in Na2SO4
Reply 3
Original post by carraiga
is this acid base equilibria ?

I’m not too sure, it’s from the practice question section in the OCR book
Reply 4
Original post by Caecilius_
Firstly try working out the number of moles of Na2SO4. Then think about how many ions are in Na2SO4

Thank you
what level is this, gcse? a level?
Original post by Retro_bean

Start by writing an equation for the dissociation of sodium sulphate. This should have Na2SO4 on the left hand side, and the dissociated (aqueous) ions on the right hand side, and must be balanced.
How many moles of ions on the right hand side, for each mole of sodium sulphate?

Now, how many moles of sodium sulphate did you have? moles = V x conc.

Finally, multiply by the number of moles of ions your equation tells you are obtained.
Reply 7
Original post by jamesgillian123
what level is this, gcse? a level?

A level
oh phew i thought i was ****ed then because i have no clue what this is (im doing gcse)
Reply 9
Original post by TutorsChemistry
Start by writing an equation for the dissociation of sodium sulphate. This should have Na2SO4 on the left hand side, and the dissociated (aqueous) ions on the right hand side, and must be balanced.
How many moles of ions on the right hand side, for each mole of sodium sulphate?

Now, how many moles of sodium sulphate did you have? moles = V x conc.

Finally, multiply by the number of moles of ions your equation tells you are obtained.

Thank u

Quick Reply

Latest