The Student Room Group

"Healthy foods" are not giving me any energy

I want to start eating meals that are low in carbs and I don't know where to start. I don't have much money so I can't buy anything expensive. I had eggs this morning and was about to drop in the street because it gave me no energy. I then had porridge with fruits on top and it gave me no energy. So then I gave up and brought myself McDonald's. I can't seem to live without fatty foods! I also don't have much time in the mornings and these websites have meals that take effort. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm trying to lose 40 pounds.
Make the meals the night before.
what id strongly advise is that when you need to binge, try binge healthy. Scoff yourself with carrots and nuts if you need to, it will make you feel far better.
How do you feel after you've finished a mcdonalds both mentally and physically? Also id reccomend lots of dates and prunes, they are proven to be efficient super foods with similar effects to energy drinks without the caffeine, harmful stuff and negative effects.
also Dont eat meals with low carbs, its a reason why you have no energy.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Make the meals the night before.

Thing is, what meals?
Original post by Anonymous
Thing is, what meals?

Overnight oats seem to be pretty popular.
A healthy diet should not exclude any food group. You must eat some carbs or you will have no energy. Instead of cutting them out completely, limit the amount you have and avoid foods high in sugars and fats (inc. saturated fat) instead.
Reply 7
Original post by jamesgillian123
what id strongly advise is that when you need to binge, try binge healthy. Scoff yourself with carrots and nuts if you need to, it will make you feel far better.
How do you feel after you've finished a mcdonalds both mentally and physically? Also id reccomend lots of dates and prunes, they are proven to be efficient super foods with similar effects to energy drinks without the caffeine, harmful stuff and negative effects.
also Dont eat meals with low carbs, its a reason why you have no energy.

I felt really bad afterwards but the food tasted so good. I can try dates! But the main question here is, what can I have for breakfast, lunch and dinner that can give you energy/fill you up and is low in carbs?
Reply 8
Original post by Shiba_Inu
A healthy diet should not exclude any food group. You must eat some carbs or you will have no energy. Instead of cutting them out completely, limit the amount you have and avoid foods high in sugars and fats (inc. saturated fat) instead.

I said low in carbs so it doesn't exclude carbs Or anything. What you're trying to say is a balanced diet and that's not going to help me shed the weight.
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
Overnight oats seem to be pretty popular.

Oats don't work for me
Oats don't work for me

Look up some other breakfasts and choose one you think will work.
I felt really bad afterwards but the food tasted so good. I can try dates! But the main question here is, what can I have for breakfast, lunch and dinner that can give you energy/fill you up and is low in carbs?

First of all, dont listen to the marketing BS out there its all crap. Low carb diets, ketogenic diets, are all dumb, if you want me to link studies and evidence i can.

Write down how you feel before a mcdonalds, after you have had it write down how you feel and recite it everytime you consider having a mcdonalds. Also, try and eat lots of vegetables instead, the same amount of calories will fill up your stomach loads more than a mcdonalds and you will feel full. Breakfast is simple, get some quaker oats quick oats, and add soy/almond milk and leave in microwave for 2 minutes. IF you are excersing too, add protein powder (pea,hemp,chia). Add fruit on the top (berries, bananas etc) and add seeds if you wish (hemp, poppy). This should take 5 minutes max to make and is extremely healthy. For dinner, (if you want it to be pretty healthy) make 40g of lentils, have brocolli and carrots with it and if you dont like the taste of lentils add peas to the mix aswell. If you still dont like it, add a sauce in it (nandos,sweet chilli sauce etc). As for lunch, get a can of chicpeas, drain the water from it. Add about 5ml of water to a bowl, pour the chicpeas in and mash them up with a potato masher. Add curry powder or any other powder (not sugar though!) and mix it in. IT will make a spread, get some bread and put a kale leaf on it, put the spread on and add another kale leaf. This is EXTREMELY healthy and if you are still peckish then just eat that, its very hard to get fat and unhealthy off vegetables. Store the rest in the fridge and it will last 2 to 3 days. Most importantly as i said, ignore all the marketing BS and stick to the facts - avoid saturated fat, cholestrol and artifical stuff but eat lots of veggies. There are thousands of healthy alternatives that will keep your weight down. Tofu, fake meats, beans, everything. Feel free to message me for any healthy meal for dieting, ive helped 20+ people in a similar situation to you lose countless amounts of fat, turn their lives around and gain muscle with cholestrol levels in the healthy phsyiological range. Any questions or advice I'd be happy to help, you can do it!!
sorry just saw you dont like oats, heres some pancakes which are also very healthy. It takes about 5-10 minutes and u just blend the ingrediants and put it on a pan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGLoRkMOL8

If thats still too long, try cereal with some soy milk or almond milk, muesli is good but a few use sugar and salt so watch out of that.
Bran flakes, Shredded wheat are all pretty good for you
sorry just saw you dont like oats, heres some pancakes which are also very healthy. It takes about 5-10 minutes and u just blend the ingrediants and put it on a pan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGLoRkMOL8

If thats still too long, try cereal with some soy milk or almond milk, muesli is good but a few use sugar and salt so watch out of that.
Bran flakes, Shredded wheat are all pretty good for you

Almond milk tastes pretty gross I prefer the normal ones
Almond milk tastes pretty gross I prefer the normal ones

have rice milk then it tastes of nothing
have rice milk then it tastes of nothing

So it tastes like the normal milk then?
So it tastes like the normal milk then?

No it tastes of nothing, in exhcange for not increasing your risk of gynecomastia and bone fractures. What do you have for breakfast now?
No it tastes of nothing, in exhcange for not increasing your risk of gynecomastia and bone fractures. What do you have for breakfast now?

I eat coco pops :frown:
I eat coco pops :frown:

Yea thats going to kill you one day. All you need to start with is changing the cereal to a healthy one and you can go from there
Yea thats going to kill you one day. All you need to start with is changing the cereal to a healthy one and you can go from there

All the stuff you included are too complicated because I can't fill the family cupboard with stuff that only I'm going to eat. I just want a quick one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending