The Student Room Group

forensic science BSc with foundation year without a levels

i live in Saudi Arabia, i'm turning 17 in September 2018 and im currently doing igcse (5 subjects). i have been thinking back and forth about whether i should do my a levels or get into a uni for a course i found very ideal, that is a Forensic Science BSc (Hons) with foundation year at university of Kent.
if i choose not doing my a levels then i'll begin in September 2018. The problem is, i cant make up my mind and i need to know if its possible or a good idea to do a foundation year instead of a levels with just 5 igcse's.
so is doing a foundation year better than a levels?
A foundation year is not a substitute for A Levels. Usually you would have tried a BTEC or A Levels and for some reason it didnt work out. Or you would be slightly older 25+ and for some reason dont have qualifications.
Reply 2
Original post by GamingAnonymous
A foundation year is not a substitute for A Levels. Usually you would have tried a BTEC or A Levels and for some reason it didnt work out. Or you would be slightly older 25+ and for some reason dont have qualifications.

hmm alright, was wondering because on the uni's website it said i have to be atleast 17 and a requirement is 5 gcse's at A*-C
Reply 3
Original post by dvckv
hmm alright, was wondering because on the uni's website it said i have to be atleast 17 and a requirement is 5 gcse's at A*-C

no to go to uni you need to have level 3 qualifcations or equivalent, since youre still young. the only exception would be older people, like mature students, no qualifications etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending