The Student Room Group

Holocaust

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anarchism101
That is why they believe it. People who believe in conspiratorial pseudohistory like Holocaust denial generally do so not because of a serious assessment of evidence, but because of an ideological/political investment in the conclusion.

Bear in mind that Holocaust denial is not a particularly easy thing to innocently come across. It's not like say, Creationism in the USA, where there is a sizable fundamentalist Christian minority who push it into the political arena and get it a certain undeserved amount of attention which could lead to one innocently coming into contact with it and being duped by it. Holocaust deniers, by contrast, are extremely fringe tiny minority in every way. Without looking for Holocaust denial material, it's unlikely you'll find it.

So "Holocaust deniers are mostly neo-Nazis and obsessive conspiracy theorists" is an extreme statement?

What a bizarre post. What have Christians got to do with this mate?
Reply 21
The point regarding the concentration camps being rebuilt after the war by the victors seems to be a key arguement of theres.
Original post by Napp
The point regarding the concentration camps being rebuilt after the war by the victors seems to be a key arguement of theres.

I don't think they have, well i know that Treblinka and Belzec have not been rebuilt.
Original post by Chaz254
Sure, you are correct in that no one is born a Holocaust denier.

In regards to your point about where they got their beliefs from. I am not sure what would make them look for this evidence (maybe it is simply an interesting theory that makes for a good read?), however the evidence you ask for could easily be found by searching. I'm pretty sure there are websites explaining their theories and reasoning.

Perhaps i'll go and have a look and then i will bullet point their evidence so we can have a look at it. How does that sound?
Reply 24
Original post by Drummond
I don't think they have, well i know that Treblinka and Belzec have not been rebuilt.

Some of them were, I believe it was Auschwitz which was dynamited by the retreating Germans and subsequently rebuilt, atleast in part, by the Polish after the war leading to the claims, by some, that this is proof positive it was all fake.
Original post by Napp
Some of them were, I believe it was Auschwitz which was dynamited by the retreating Germans and subsequently rebuilt, atleast in part, by the Polish after the war leading to the claims, by some, that this is proof positive it was all fake.

Just had a brief look in to this. Auschwitz is mostly still standing, well the brick part. Its sister camp Berkenau, has some huts standing but mostly demolished. The only thing i can find on the camp being rebuilt is a claim that after the war a hut was converted to resemble a gas chamber, by holes being put in the roof to replicate what it might have looked like for the gas to be dropped in? I haven't looked in to whether this is justified or not yet though. Do you think this is part of what they mean by rebuilt? because i don't think these camps have been fully rebuilt, well i know they haven't, unless of course googlemaps is prewar.

Let me have a look in to these claims about holes being installed after the war, it can't be true, there would be no reason for them to do that would there? Even so i can't believe that this is enough evidence to deny the event ever happened though.
Original post by ageshallnot
On this topic in particular, I think you will find that @anarchism101 has excellent judgement.

Why do you say that mate?
Why do you say that mate?

Because I have read many of their posts.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chaz254
???

The fact that you have read something does not make it correct.

I have also read many, many books on the subject and my conclusion is the same. @anarchism101 is excellent at destroying the assertions of deniers and other weak-minded people.
Because I have read many of their posts.

Their posts? How many of him is there on here?
Their posts? How many of him is there on here?

The Holocaust has had dozens and dozens of threads in the past few years. I have read most of them, if not all.
according to available evidence, it seems that exaggeration has been made for the holocaust
you can't question the 6 gorrilion, goy
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Same reason people deny the Armenian genocide, the Holodomor, the Bengal "famine", and every single other genocide.

Rewriting history is how you win the culture war. You kill off a people, and convince everyone that they never lived there in the first place.

Why do you think the holocaust gets more attention than one of these other holocausts which you mention, or even the gulag genocide in Siberia, which was a similar time period?
here is another holocaust

Persian famine of 1917–1919
(edited 6 years ago)
I have also read many, many books on the subject and my conclusion is the same. @anarchism101 is excellent at destroying the assertions of deniers and other weak-minded people.

Well to be fair, the topic is only two pages long and he has contributed twice. Once to say something about people who do not believe the official story of things being not right.

And another time where he went way off on a personal crusade against Christians, which has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing. That doesn't sound like someone who is an expert at destroying the evidence of holocaust deniers. It sounds like someone who has a personal agenda against Christians.

And the hypocrisy here is that, like the Jews, Christians believe in God. So if the Jews were persecuted for believing in God then why is he persecuting Christians for the same thing? Is not this attitude what brought about the holocaust in the first place?
Original post by anarchism101

Bear in mind that Holocaust denial is not a particularly easy thing to innocently come across. It's not like say, Creationism in the USA, where there is a sizable fundamentalist Christian minority who push it into the political arena and get it a certain undeserved amount of attention which could lead to one innocently coming into contact with it and being duped by it. Holocaust deniers, by contrast, are extremely fringe tiny minority in every way. Without looking for Holocaust denial material, it's unlikely you'll find it.

I think another less sinister gateway into it is being into conspiracy theories in general. Say you got sucked into 9/11 truther conspiracies, you can then easily get hooked into the antisemitic ones. You're not antisemitic, but Isreal did or played a part in 9/11, that's what the "evidence" shows etc. Maybe there really is a global Jewish conspiracy? What if they did make up or exaggerate the holocaust to get what they want?
learn more about the Holocaust here:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-holocaust
Because they are ignorant most likely or feel guilty for what their ancestors done to innocent people
Reply 39
Just had a brief look in to this. Auschwitz is mostly still standing, well the brick part. Its sister camp Berkenau, has some huts standing but mostly demolished. The only thing i can find on the camp being rebuilt is a claim that after the war a hut was converted to resemble a gas chamber, by holes being put in the roof to replicate what it might have looked like for the gas to be dropped in? I haven't looked in to whether this is justified or not yet though. Do you think this is part of what they mean by rebuilt? because i don't think these camps have been fully rebuilt, well i know they haven't, unless of course googlemaps is prewar.

Let me have a look in to these claims about holes being installed after the war, it can't be true, there would be no reason for them to do that would there? Even so i can't believe that this is enough evidence to deny the event ever happened though.

You may well be right I cant say i've ever looked in to it, i'm simply parroting their claims.
The only bit I can say from personal knowledge is that parts of Auschwitz were demolished [possibly just the chambers] and rebuilt by the Polish to serve as an enduring legacy and museum to the event.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending