Original post by Actuvia
What's an ' A^ ' ?

It’s an A* with distinction in further maths :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by LeafyLaLa
It’s an A* with distinction in further maths :smile:

Ah, thanks, nice one
Original post by alessia41
Congratulations! I've applied to St. Andrews too. Can I ask what your stats are?

I’ve applied to St. Andrews as well but not heard anything. Can I ask what your stats are? I’m a Scottish application and applied for ‘no preference’ pathway. I have 7As at Nat 5 and 5 As at Higher. Ukcat 665 average. Ah worried now😬
Original post by Scottie123
I’ve applied to St. Andrews as well but not heard anything. Can I ask what your stats are? I’m a Scottish application and applied for ‘no preference’ pathway. I have 7As at Nat 5 and 5 As at Higher. Ukcat 665 average. Ah worried now😬

I'm an EU applicant but I graduated in Newcastle last July. I've been in UK since 2013 so I don't have an A level but as equivalent they will be using my degree (first class in Human Biosciences) and GCSE equivalents (1 A* 7 As 1B). UKCAT av 660 STJ band 2. Not great stats but still I believe it's worth a shot. I chose the UK pathway.:smile:
UKCAT: 2980 band 2
Predicted A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further maths. chemistry, physics)

GCSE's : 4 A*, 4 A, 3 B

QMUL: acknowledged
St Andrews: Invited to interview
Manchester: acknowledged
Sheffield: acknowledged
Glasgow (anatomy): offer
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by angelinthewind
UCL and Imperial obviously only after the BMAT is out. Last year Imperial started to send invites around Dec 8. UCL is supposed to be a bit late in sending it generally.

Kings interview only between Jan- Mar so probably they might start sending invites some time in Dec (just a guess no proof as I havent checked last years thread)

No idea abt QMUL - check last years thread to see when invites were send out.

Thanks so much, honestly just getting impatient! fingers crossed
I'm an EU applicant but I graduated in Newcastle last July. I've been in UK since 2013 so I don't have an A level but as equivalent they will be using my degree (first class in Human Biosciences) and GCSE equivalents (1 A* 7 As 1B). UKCAT av 660 STJ band 2. Not great stats but still I believe it's worth a shot. I chose the UK pathway.:smile:

Those are good stats, preety similar to mine, hopefully you will hear back soon (:
Did anyone on here applied to Aberdeen?
Original post by akaur94
Those are good stats, preety similar to mine, hopefully you will hear back soon (:

Hopefully :smile: u may hear back sooner than me though, I think RUK/EU/International applicants may be contacted later than 'locals'. Fingers crossed anyway :smile:
Original post by akaur94

I did. But I just got emails to register to the applicants portal.
Original post by akaur94

I did! I'm not sure what time they send out invites to interview, I haven't heard of anyone who's received one.
Reply 191
I did. But I just got emails to register to the applicants portal.

Same! Except they also sent me a letter in the mail with my portal details, seeing that letter with the University of Aberdeen printed on the envelope pretty much gave me a heart attack haha :s-smilie:
Original post by RockGirl19
I did! I'm not sure what time they send out invites to interview, I haven't heard of anyone who's received one.

I don't think they have sent any offers out yet, I have been refreshing the portal link lol They sent me a letter as well! What other unis have you applied to?
Original post by akaur94
I don't think they have sent any offers out yet, I have been refreshing the portal link lol They sent me a letter as well! What other unis have you applied to?

Dundee, St Andrews and Glasgow. Haven't heard anything significant from any of them though, I guess it's just a waiting game now:s-smilie:.

What about you?
Reply 194
Original post by akaur94

Did the letter also give you a heart attack? I was stressed af lmao
Original post by escg
Did the letter also give you a heart attack? I was stressed af lmao

Oh my god same:tongue:. I got it on the 9th so I knew there was no chance of an interview, and immediately assumed that it was an all-out rejection or something similarly sinister.
Reply 196
Oh my god same:tongue:. I got it on the 9th so I knew there was no chance of an interview, and immediately assumed that it was an all-out rejection or something similarly sinister.

Those were my exact thoughts lmao, it's actually not fair that they do that :angry:
Original post by escg
Those were my exact thoughts lmao, it's actually not fair that they do that :angry:

I KNOW, like who thought that would be a good idea? :s-smilie:
Dundee, St Andrews and Glasgow. Haven't heard anything significant from any of them though, I guess it's just a waiting game now:s-smilie:.

What about you?

Those are good choices! I have applied to Barts, Kings, and York (: hopefully one of them will give me an interview 😂
Original post by akaur94
Those are good choices! I have applied to Barts, Kings, and York (: hopefully one of them will give me an interview 😂

I'm sure they will! good luck😊

Latest

Trending

Trending