The Student Room Group

Tesco christmas advert features Muslims celebrating it.

Scroll to see replies

OI I celebrate Christmas. Well, none of our family gives each other presents because, you know stingy Asians (or besides the fact that we get stuff for eid), but its the only time of the year where my mum always makes turkey, roast chicken with this awesome indian marinade and food other than chicken/beef curry with rice.

so as the great Stormzy once said
shutup.png
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel

I met a Palestinian Christian from Bethlehem at an academic event a while back, and he said that pretty much everyone there celebrates Christmas, and that even a Bethlehem Muslim would never dream of not celebrating that Jesus was born in their home town. It's a point of local and national pride.
The hypocrisy in this is so unreal. Many people in Britain who aren't even Christians celebrate the heck out of Christmas, so I don't see an problem with a Muslim celebrating it, anyways half of y'all celebrating it go on a rampage about how God doesn't exist and y'all say its utter bs, but still celebrate it? okkkk thenn
Reply 45
Its not like a Christian celebrating Eid at all, England is a predominantly CHRISTIAN country so people celebrate it as a cultural thing I guess. I see your point but then again, shouldn’t it be as stupid for an atheist to celebrate Christmas (loads of whom do)?
Original post by Laissez‒faire

What's the matter colonel, can't handle a strong powerful woman?

Original post by closethedoor
And Santa isn’t even part of the Christian religion so I would hardly agree that Christmas belongs to them

I think Santa has a larger part to play in Christmas than Jesus does lol. Not much religion left in the festival.
Couldn't care tbh, you can miss the feature with an eye blink, muslims shouldn't celebrate christmas tho :P
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Underscore__
It’s nothing like Christians celebrating Eid. Christmas is as much a cultural celebration as it is a religious one now. It’s so funny how people moan that foreign populations don’t culturally assimilate then criticise the idea of it happening
. That's the whole point. They DON'T celebrate Christmas. They DON'T integrate at all. It's Tesco that's trying to make us believe that they do, but those of us that have more than sawdust for brains can see it anyway
Original post by carraiga
I'm muslims and I've been invited and went to many christmas parties/dinners
I've also invited my non muslim friends at eid

what's the issue?
get out of your gutter and see the real world- we don't live in tribes anymore
*******s
Original post by karanight
*******s

??
Original post by carraiga
??

If you truly are muslim, please tell me what the quran says at quran (2:191-193). Don't be shy, let everyone on here see for themselves that there is no way on Gods earth that faithful muslims would associate with kuffirs, but rather, kill them!
Shut up all of you
Original post by karanight
If you truly are muslim, please tell me what the quran says at quran (2:191-193). Don't be shy, let everyone on here see for themselves that there is no way on Gods earth that faithful muslims would associate with kuffirs, but rather, kill them!

7B81B2A6-13CD-4276-90EB-5F3C05707B8D.jpg.jpeg
(edited 6 years ago)
I mean, they agreed to be in the advert
Original post by Trapz99
Many muslims and non-christians celebrate christmas as an important part of British culture, not just as a Christian holiday commemorating the birth of Jesus.

Jesus wasn't born on christmas
./
(edited 6 years ago)
Muslim speaking: A lot of Muslims are overreacting over this advert , Christmas isn’t even a religious festival anymore people don’t view it that way , more people are concerned over what they’re getting for Christmas than they’re about acknowledging Jesus. Christmas is a Christian thing but in England it’s also the time were everyone is either off work/school/university so people get together to end of the year with their loved ones. Even my Muslim family have a roast dinner with a big turkey straight after the queens speech, not because it’s Christmas because it’s the British culture adopted by everyone as a time to spend with your loved ones
I mean... you can't win can you? People going: "Ffs their in are country why dont they integrate and follow are traditions!11!!!1!!!" and then at the slightest hint of a muslim family celebrating what is chiefly a cultural and not a religious event in the UK, you complain? For goodness sake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending