The Student Room Group

No idea where else to apply to for UCAS, help!

I'm predicted AAAB for my A-levels at the end of the year so I'm applying to Durham University (A*AA), Warwick University (A*AA) and Bath University (AAA) and I just need two more universities to apply to. I've been to a few universities but haven't found any I liked so far and possibly would consider applying to universities that have lower grade requirements since these are quite high. Could someone help me make my mind on which other universities I should apply to?
Original post by poohe
I'm predicted AAAB for my A-levels at the end of the year so I'm applying to Durham University (A*AA), Warwick University (A*AA) and Bath University (AAA) and I just need two more universities to apply to. I've been to a few universities but haven't found any I liked so far and possibly would consider applying to universities that have lower grade requirements since these are quite high. Could someone help me make my mind on which other universities I should apply to?

what is it you're looking for in a university?
What about Bristol? also depends on what you're applying to and what do you expect for the uni
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
what is it you're looking for in a university?

I'm mainly looking for education quality more than anything else. I used league tables but I don't like making decisions using those so I'm not sure how else to decide which university I should consider.

Original post by laraelbeezra
What about Bristol? also depends on what you're applying to and what do you expect for the uni

Bristol has quite high requirements and I'm already applying to Durham and Warwick which have high requirements so I don't want to apply there. I want to apply somewhere with slightly lower grade requirements just in case I don't do as well as expected in my final exams.
Original post by poohe
I'm mainly looking for education quality more than anything else. I used league tables but I don't like making decisions using those so I'm not sure how else to decide which university I should consider.

Bristol has quite high requirements and I'm already applying to Durham and Warwick which have high requirements so I don't want to apply there. I want to apply somewhere with slightly lower grade requirements just in case I don't do as well as expected in my final exams.

Leeds is quite nice, and they tend to give AAB to people who show passion and aptitude in their applications.
Reply 5
Original post by plklupu
Leeds is quite nice, and they tend to give AAB to people who show passion and aptitude in their applications.

Thanks for the help! Leeds looks really nice, and the requirements are quite nice. I'll apply there. Any suggestions on a university that have entry requirements around ABB or BBB, please?
Original post by poohe
Thanks for the help! Leeds looks really nice, and the requirements are quite nice. I'll apply there. Any suggestions on a university that have entry requirements around ABB or BBB, please?

Depends on the course. For me (physics) most decent universities were AAA minimum. I ended up deciding that if I miss out I'm going to either resit, go through clearing or maybe go for an engineering course. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Reply 7
University of Royal Holloway AAA
University of Westminster ABB
London South Bank University ABB
University of Roehampton ABB

I would personally pick the first two because I was looking at the level of depth the lectures and teachers go to in their courses and woah they provided more content and topics in the courses i was looking at than any other school i was applying to.
Reply 8
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
Depends on the course. For me (physics) most decent universities were AAA minimum. I ended up deciding that if I miss out I'm going to either resit, go through clearing or maybe go for an engineering course. Hopefully it won't come to that.

I see, good luck with that! That is a fair point, most people I know have applied to AAA universities for all their choices. I wonder which would be considered objectively the best idea. As the saying says, go big or go home. Do resitting entire subjects affect your chances of getting into a university you want to go to?
Original post by poohe
I see, good luck with that! That is a fair point, most people I know have applied to AAA universities for all their choices. I wonder which would be considered objectively the best idea. As the saying says, go big or go home. Do resitting entire subjects affect your chances of getting into a university you want to go to?

It depends. If you were applying to a top 5 uni then maybe, but I'm pretty sure most universities don't require exams to be sat in one sitting.

What course are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending