The Student Room Group

Uni students, we need to do something about circuit laundry

Assignments and deadlines dont even raise my cortisol levels as high as that fkn company.

Theres absolutely no way that this is the only option to do your laundry, I have no idea why these clowns still operate in unis when literally every review on both android and apple app stores almost entirely rate them at 1 star, google reviews rate them super low and every twitter post about them is a rant.

We really need to complain to our uni about this sht company, clearly people have a problem with either a poor wash, top up issues+ awful customer service or just simply extortionate prices for a good awful service.

Capitalism is a fkn joke, if this is the best option that we have.

wud happily join a student movement just to put these room temp iq dogs out of business
Now's the time for you to become an amazing entrepreneur and the creator of the portable mini washing machine.
Reply 2
Original post by Mekkiii
Assignments and deadlines dont even raise my cortisol levels as high as that fkn company.

Theres absolutely no way that this is the only option to do your laundry, I have no idea why these clowns still operate in unis when literally every review on both android and apple app stores almost entirely rate them at 1 star, google reviews rate them super low and every twitter post about them is a rant.

We really need to complain to our uni about this sht company, clearly people have a problem with either a poor wash, top up issues+ awful customer service or just simply extortionate prices for a good awful service.

wud happily join a student movement just to put these room temp iq dogs out of business

Circuit have nice contracts which mean it’s hard for unis to escape from them and unis make some money from them I believe so basically you aren’t getting rid of them unless you organise a nationwide boycott.
Reply 3
Original post by Aph
Circuit have nice contracts which mean it’s hard for unis to escape from them and unis make some money from them I believe so basically you aren’t getting rid of them unless you organise a nationwide boycott.

Exactly what i was thinking, no way would the uni keep this awful company when virtually no one review ive seen has said anything positive about it, without having a good company. Everything boils down to how much bux you can make, wtf i hate capitalism now.
6 weeks in and my circuit problems so far:1. cycle failed, they said they would refund me and then didn't.2. They put the price up before updating the posters so I had to run back to my flat to top up when I should have had enough 3. Laundry security - people can remove your laundry while you are not there. I turned up 5 minutes before the drying cycle was due to finish and someone had unloaded my stuff on to the top of the washing machine! They were there and claimed it had finished.4. No spin cycle5. no draw to put detergent in!I will boycott if everyone else is in! Or, a petition?
Lead the revolution!!!
My biggest problem is how expensive it is. £3 for a wash and £1.50 for a dry, when at other unis it was £1.50 for a wash and a dry.
I know this thread is dead but I came across it looking for the bloody prices. This useless ass company and it's machines were made just to eat up the cash and give out wet clothes. -_-
Reply 8
in Bristol it's £6 for a wash and the same for a dry 😢😢
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
My biggest problem is how expensive it is. £3 for a wash and £1.50 for a dry, when at other unis it was £1.50 for a wash and a dry.

in Bristol it's £6 for a wash and the same for a dry 😂😂
Yup, packing up right now to move out early morning. Been thinking of ways to **** this company over during the course of my masters - everything they do is ATROCIOUS. Its unreal how bad it is, how syndicated the system is, and how they can keep a straight face and call their prices "fair".

Then I come here and read "in Bristol it's £6 for a wash and the same for a dry" above my comment. Nikibean, sorry about this! These guys deserve to burn.
Original post by Mekkiii

I had no idea it was even a problem till now. What the hell am I supposed to use for laundary when I move in now? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k
Circuit Laundry is still terrible (Portsmouth Uni, Harry Law Hall btw) All Washing machines are out of action and have been for a week. When originally reported CL said it was an issue with the app that was then
Original post by Lavalizard101
Circuit Laundry is still terrible (Portsmouth Uni, Harry Law Hall btw) All Washing machines are out of action and have been for a week. When originally reported CL said it was an issue with the app that was then

Hi! @Lavalizard101

I'm sorry to hear this. I had the exact same issues in my first year.
The best thing to do is contact the university about this. When I had this issue they arranged for us to do our laundry in another hall close by.
[email protected]

I hope this is resolved soon!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Not sure if this is a possibility, but might be worth looking for a laundrette off campus you can use? I assume that would be allowed (or, they can't stop you).

Quick Reply

Latest