The Student Room Group

Too scared to tell parents / doctors

Im pretty sure i have a problem with Prem Ej (just avoiding words incase it gets removed) - I know i should contact a doctor but im just too scared, i cant imagine how embarrising it would be to tell my parents this or anyone really, i dont know what to do
How old are you? If you're 16 or over you can just go to the doctor without telling your parents and legally the doc can't disclose anything that you talk about in the session.
Also remember that GPs really don't find it weird - to them it's just another body part that you're having problems with.
I was afraid to go to a gynaecologist until they explained I may as well be showing them my knee, that's how mundane this stuff is to them.
Reply 2
Original post by man111111
Google the problem

I already know I have the problem its telling people that i cant do
You don’t need to tell anyone. Who needs to know? It would depend on your relationship with your parents as to wether you discuss it with them. Id be more than happy to discuss it with my sons.
There can be many reasons so it wouldn’t hurt to see your gp. It’s nothing they haven’t heard before, could be simple to rectify and you won’t help the problem tying yourself in knots worrying about it
Go to your doctor, they've seen stuff that's much worse and they don't care. If anyone's not going to judge you, it's your GP (as long as you're nice to them). Make an appointment and they'll help, you should tell them that you feel awkward about it too because making you feel comfortable is important to them.
why are you scared to tell your parents? to be honest, it depends on how bad the situation is.

Not every man wants to discuss premature ej with his mum now does he!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Sammylou40
You don’t need to tell anyone. Who needs to know? It would depend on your relationship with your parents as to wether you discuss it with them. Id be more than happy to discuss it with my sons.
There can be many reasons so it wouldn’t hurt to see your gp. It’s nothing they haven’t heard before, could be simple to rectify and you won’t help the problem tying yourself in knots worrying about it

I appreciate the reply, Im 15 and its not technically legal anyway so would a doctor like get me into trouble or something for it. I just dont know how to overcome the embarrasement of it and i need to tell someone so i can fix it with like pills or something

why are you scared to tell your parents? to be honest, it depends on how bad the situation is.

we r talking -3 minutes :frown:
Go to your GP rather than your parents. Your parents would probably just send you to the GP anyway. Dealing with stuff like this is part of their job, so they won't be annoyed or anything.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Im pretty sure i have a problem with Prem Ej (just avoiding words incase it gets removed) - I know i should contact a doctor but im just too scared, i cant imagine how embarrising it would be to tell my parents this or anyone really, i dont know what to do

Your parents don't need to know! It's your private life.
I don't think you need to go to a doctor, there are 'techniques' you can try at home to delay ej.

I'm bad a keeping track of threads so private message if you want to talk more.
Original post by Anonymous
I appreciate the reply, Im 15 and its not technically legal anyway so would a doctor like get me into trouble or something for it. I just dont know how to overcome the embarrasement of it and i need to tell someone so i can fix it with like pills or something

we r talking -3 minutes :frown:

Whilst it technically is it’s only a problem if you’re having sex with someone over the age of 18. There will be no trouble at all for you or your gp if you go to discuss it.
Because you’re young it could simply be that you’re a little inexperienced and get a touch “over excited”. That is all normal and will improve with time. There are things that you can try that delay orgasm. Durex make a spray that desensitises. That may be worth a try. Stop/ start helps and if you google a reputable site you can get more info. It’s very unlikely that medication will be needed.
Go for a chat anyway just to make sure there’s not a problem and make sure you’re always protected

Quick Reply

Latest