The Student Room Group

Exeter vs Nottingham

What's better for economics? I'm curious about the overall uni aswell but mainly bothered about economics.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone? its urgent
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Anyone? its urgent

Why is it urgent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say that, in terms of rankings, Exeter is better than Nottingham, but only really slightly. They're both excellent unis. If you're only concerned about rankings then that's your answer but I would urge you to make your decision based on the modules each uni offers and which course you prefer, because they can be drastically different.
Nottingham by far not only is it a target uni ( where investment bankers recruit students from) it also has a very high reputation in terms of the financial sector
Original post by School00000
Nottingham by far not only is it a target uni ( where investment bankers recruit students from) it also has a very high reputation in terms of the financial sector

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan recruited more from Exeter than Nottingham in 2017?
Original post by vanderwoodsen
I would say that, in terms of rankings, Exeter is better than Nottingham, but only really slightly. They're both excellent unis. If you're only concerned about rankings then that's your answer but I would urge you to make your decision based on the modules each uni offers and which course you prefer, because they can be drastically different.

I've seen the opposite tbh? Most people are telling me Nottingham is better overall ranked and reputation wise but I much prefer Exeter's course.
Original post by ageshallnot
Why is it urgent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I need to pick one to apply for.
As I need to pick one to apply for.

Apply with your other choices now and add one of these two after doing more research - but before January 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by School00000

It's not a target it's a semi target
I've seen the opposite tbh? Most people are telling me Nottingham is better overall ranked and reputation wise but I much prefer Exeter's course.

Exeter ranks above Nottingham in the Complete Uni Guide, The Guardian, The Times and Student Hut. But as the other poster has pointed out, Nottingham seems to have better links within the industry. It's your call to make, I would suggest looking into the career prospects/placement options as well.
Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan recruited more from Exeter than Nottingham in 2017?

You seem to want to go to Exeter. Go there, it's a top uni regardless and has good job prospects.

Point is you can't go wrong with either, both are similar in many aspects
Original post by ageshallnot
Apply with your other choices now and add one of these two after doing more research - but before January 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trying to get them all sent off
Original post by offsetWHOOP
You seem to want to go to Exeter. Go there, it's a top uni regardless and has good job prospects.

Point is you can't go wrong with either, both are similar in many aspects

Not really tbh I can see it came across a little biased from those posts but I am actually 50-50. I have heard what he said about Nottingham being better for IB but I'm just wondering where as from what I seen Exeter did better.
Original post by vanderwoodsen
Exeter ranks above Nottingham in the Complete Uni Guide, The Guardian, The Times and Student Hut. But as the other poster has pointed out, Nottingham seems to have better links within the industry. It's your call to make, I would suggest looking into the career prospects/placement options as well.

If it has got better links within the industry, this would have a large affect on my choice between the two.
Not really tbh I can see it came across a little biased from those posts but I am actually 50-50. I have heard what he said about Nottingham being better for IB but I'm just wondering where as from what I seen Exeter did better.

They're both good is the point. Nottingham appears to have higher number of people getting in which is comparable to that of Bristol. However that's probably a correlation thing as opposed to saying that nottingham is the reason there's more of them in IB.

They're both semi-targets which means that ultimately its a matter of preference. I'd personally say maybe Notts is better as there seems to be more of an IB culture there.
Original post by offsetWHOOP
They're both good is the point. Nottingham appears to have higher number of people getting in which is comparable to that of Bristol. However that's probably a correlation thing as opposed to saying that nottingham is the reason there's more of them in IB.

They're both semi-targets which means that ultimately its a matter of preference. I'd personally say maybe Notts is better as there seems to be more of an IB culture there.

What would you say is the best for IB that requires AAA? This would be the likes of Birmingham, Leeds etc
Hey there. I know nothing of you're course choice or anything but city wise I'd definitely say Nottingham would be a lot more lively if you were looking for a good social scene/nightlife etc. Exeter is pretty dead in comparison to any other city, most clubs shut near 2am and you'll see the same faces out after like a month. Also in terms of stuff going on again not much happens in Exeter and it's really small in comparison to any other city in the country. I wish you all the best!
Trying to get them all sent off

It is far better to make an informed decision than a rushed decision.
What would you say is the best for IB that requires AAA? This would be the likes of Birmingham, Leeds etc

Notts and Exeter are AAA unis for many cases. Your question is vague. Leeds is okay albeit it's fairly weak overall but it's better than birmingham. Other unis you can look at are soton and sheffield I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending