The Student Room Group

Failure is not to try (GYG)

Scroll to see replies

09/11/2017

Been a while since I've updated. Things have been super busy! Been trying to sort some issues out at school - hopefully they're resolved now. Today's been pretty harsh got really upset and started crying in class - pretty embarrassing. Started with my UCAS meeting I need 4B's and I told my teachers this some think I'm capable others think It's a stretch so all of my references say C's which I got pretty upset about. Also I need chemistry in which i got 6 and a half out of 25 today. So I've been pretty down and not feeling very motivated today. :frown:
Tip 11

Time yourself when doing past papers so you can used to the exam conditions which will minimise panic when it comes to prelims and exams. Also when doing past papers don't just do different ones, go back and re-try them. e.g. If you were doing the National 5 2014 paper, do it more than once and see if you improve and look at what questions you're regularly getting wrong.
QOTD

“If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.”

12/11/2017

Remembrance Sunday today so praying for all the soldiers who lost their lives. 💗
This weeks been very emotional due to me being highly stressed so I've been chilling this weekend - I feel like it's more like procrastinating but I have completed some things just not as much as usual. Nothing better than having a chill day and watching the flash.. and macguyver! :smile:

flash.jpg

@mez_merising @rm.25 @username3588150
@tessglasgow @gcsemusicsucks @rhegggg
@Tate00 @Elle1718 @CupOfCaramel
@xxFreyaWxx @Chelle1304

What's your favourite thing to watch when you're procrastinating/chilling?

(edited 6 years ago)

This weekend I have done quite a bit though .
maths.jpg
I've done my maths homework, bit tricky but I managed :smile:
And some notes on straight line
And Chemistry homework

(edited 6 years ago)
Healthy Body Healthy Mind is my thinking right now.

Been shopping and bought some pretty healthy stuff. Also planned meals. And got a to do list to keep on top of things! :smile:
@y.u.mad.bro? Have you got a GYG blog?
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
@y.u.mad.bro? Have you got a GYG blog?

Yes I do. It is here
Reply 68
friends is my go to when procrastinating :biggrin:
Original post by rm.25
friends is my go to when procrastinating :biggrin:

Yess :smile:
I get what you mean. I always procrastinate and I've just taken a big decision right now by deleting my netflix account. if you want to, you can have a look at my thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5044718#primary_content
Original post by sturdy swifter
I get what you mean. I always procrastinate and I've just taken a big decision right now by deleting my netflix account. if you want to, you can have a look at my thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5044718#primary_content

Deleting Netflix wow you're either really determined or really crazy 😂😂
More likely to be crazy
Original post by sturdy swifter
More likely to be crazy

Hope its beneficial x
QOTD

The future depends on what we do in the present.
13/11/2017

So I've just tried to make flapjack , worked a little but wasn't that great 😂. Feel sooo tired today 💤. Free periods were productive this morning I did some maths, it really hurt my brain though 😂😔. I've done some of my biology write up and some chemistry notes tonight so at least I've done something 👍 I was having a look at prom dresses too! Now off to watch MacGuyver 😍
14/11/2017

Been feeling pretty determined today. Got to remember to pay my UCAS money and get my application sent , stressing about that so..:s-smilie:. Plus not understanding any of the log stuff in maths right now. However my health kicks been started this weak and might I say my dinner looks pretty good tonight , Greek Chicken Salad :smile:
food.jpg
What's for dinner tonight guys?
mez_merising rm.25 username3588150
tessglasgow gcsemusicsucks rhegggg
Tate00 Elle1718 CupOfCaramel
xxFreyaWxx Chelle1304
(Let me know if you're not tagged and wanna be, or if you are tagged and don't wanna be :smile:)
(edited 6 years ago)
16/11/2017

So been pretty stressed and so busy. Been quite a procrastinating week , done a little bit of notes. Struggling a lot with Chem right now. Had UCAS stuff to do aghhh. Finally sent my application away today so scared :redface:.
We'll see what happens, applying for college in Jan too so..
So Happy go a Conditional for Edinburgh Napier!!! :smile:

Attachment not found

17/11/2017

So glad it's the weekend! :smile:
Had to deal with some drama today :redface: But all is good.
Done some maths questions on logs as I've got a December test coming up.
Started my Biology homework and revised genetic drift, found such a helpful video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TM4LQmoZY
Done some Chemistry calculations with a teacher today so they're cleared up a bit but I'm still really confused with Equilbrium. :s-smilie:
But.. I got a conditional for Abertay today (my first choice) !!! :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending