The Student Room Group

Which course should I do

Hey these are my a levels,
chemistry: B
maths: B
biology: C
I need suggestions on what course to do preferably something easy as I'm not that smart.
Anything in STEM is quite demanding but it’s about the course content, so you may prefer some uni courses over others.

Engineering (general or specific eg mechanical, chemical, biochemical)
Biochemistry
Forensic science
Food science
Biology

Maybe look for the more niche stem subjects at unis as opposed to the neat subjects ie maths Chem bio
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by niggerito6929
I need suggestions on what course to do preferably something easy as I'm not that smart.

Which was your favourite subject that you took out of those three?
Original post by Jenn_K
Which was your favourite subject that you took out of those three?

either chemistry or maths
Reply 4
Chemical engineering, since you like chemistry and maths?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by N_pk
Chemical engineering, since you like chemistry and maths?

my grades aren't high enough

What subjects do you enjoy the most and what do you want to do as a career? (if you have no idea on the latter then do some research into various careers accessible to you with the degrees that are open to you, there is no point in saying do chemistry degree if you look into careers at uni then go 'actually I would like to be an engineer' )

It is important to enjoy what you study but it is equally important to know that you would want to do one of the careers that that degree leads to as a degree is for 3-4 years a working life is for 45 years (choosing a degree doesnt stop you from changing career but chances are you will still stay in that same sector that you start in)
(edited 6 years ago)

In addition to my previous post, no degree is easy
Original post by madmadmax321
In addition to my previous post, no degree is easy

some are easier than others
some are easier than others

That isnt true for the most part. People find some subjects easier than others because their strengths lie in different areas

Someone who is great at maths but not so great at chemistry is going to find a maths degree easier than a chemistry degree, but that doesnt mean that a chemistry degree is easier than a maths degree in general, it just means the individual persons strengths lie in maths not chemistry

I for example find maths fairly easy but struggle to construct good essays, that means that I would find a maths degree easier than a history degree, but that doesn't mean that a maths degree is easier than a history degree in general(hell I would probably find a history alevel harder than I find my theoretical physics degree but that is just because theoretical physics plays to my strengths, a history alevel plays to my weaknesses)

The only place where your statement is true is when comparing unis, not different courses, a maths degree at imperial will most likely be harder than a maths degree at leeds

Go to open days for Chemistry and Biology in universities. You'll get a good look at what you're up for there.

I'd say chemistry is the easiest. But if you don't actually want a career in chemistry, don't go to uni. You don't need to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending