The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Thanks! I was worried it hadn't been received properly! I guess once they start checking over it they send you the conformation, good luck with your application!! 😊
Oh that sounds good. I'm also with them doing standard science though. What are your modules like? Think I'm about half way through.
Original post by Willowhazel
Hi, glad to her you’ve applied to Bristol it’s a good choice 😂 my timetable surprised me actually, I was terrified it would be 9-5 all day every day but it isn’t. It does near hugely like no week is the same both content and schedule wise. But you can expect mostly 9am and some 10 am starts in a week, normally end up with 2 half days in a week when I’ll finish between 12-2, and the other 3 days (one of those being Langford) finish between 4-5. You always get an hour for lunch during the day. Also I found that very few days consist of all lectures, there is a lot of labs/practicals as well.

In terms of interview, assuming it was the same as mine. The face to face was heavily orientated on your personal statement so make sure you know that really really well, and know a extra info about certain cases as they may ask about them. Perhaps having a few ideas about current veterinary affairs is also worthwhile.

For the MMIs can’t give much advice rather than read any instructions very carefully (I made that mistake and messed up a station), keep calm and as soon as one station is over forget it. I screwed one of mine up and I still got in !!

Best of luck

how do you get to langford? is there a bus or something
Original post by Sophierb97
Me too! Well done😄 does anyone know if Liverpool offers places after interviewing everyone or as they go along interviewing people? So is there any advantage of booking the interview slot on an earlier date?

Last year they offered as they went along. So, I dont think any real advantage
Original post by Willowhazel
Hi, glad to her you’ve applied to Bristol it’s a good choice 😂 my timetable surprised me actually, I was terrified it would be 9-5 all day every day but it isn’t. It does near hugely like no week is the same both content and schedule wise. But you can expect mostly 9am and some 10 am starts in a week, normally end up with 2 half days in a week when I’ll finish between 12-2, and the other 3 days (one of those being Langford) finish between 4-5. You always get an hour for lunch during the day. Also I found that very few days consist of all lectures, there is a lot of labs/practicals as well.

In terms of interview, assuming it was the same as mine. The face to face was heavily orientated on your personal statement so make sure you know that really really well, and know a extra info about certain cases as they may ask about them. Perhaps having a few ideas about current veterinary affairs is also worthwhile.

For the MMIs can’t give much advice rather than read any instructions very carefully (I made that mistake and messed up a station), keep calm and as soon as one station is over forget it. I screwed one of mine up and I still got in !!

Best of luck

That timetable sounds good! What do you mean by stations?
Original post by coupezaj
Last year they offered as they went along. So, I dont think any real advantage

I think they would make it fair so I won’t worry that I booked a late date.
Reply 1266
I still haven’t received the Bristol questionnaire 😬:frown: Should I worry at this stage? And is anyone else in the same position.?

Booked my liverpool interview :smile:
Have Edinburgh sent any interviews to U.K. applicants yet? I'm worried as they had difficulties sending the WES to me and I don't want to miss out due to technical issues!
Scottish applicants definitely yes, RUK I'm not sure. Hopefully if there is a RUK applicant who has received an interview they will post.

Original post by Heardmanator
Have Edinburgh sent any interviews to U.K. applicants yet? I'm worried as they had difficulties sending the WES to me and I don't want to miss out due to technical issues!
Original post by ImiT
I still haven’t received the Bristol questionnaire 😬:frown: Should I worry at this stage? And is anyone else in the same position.?

Booked my liverpool interview :smile:

I haven’t yet either!
Original post by goldenoak
how do you get to langford? is there a bus or something

Hey, Langford days are quite long and annoying but the practicals in the afternoon are really fun !! Spent last Thursday with a carrier practicing taking shoes of horse legs 😂 yeah there are coaches that pick you up usually at 8:50 and they also take you back 👍 just have to make sure you don’t miss the bus or it’s a £30 Uber journey
Original post by Viapurifico
That timetable sounds good! What do you mean by stations?

In MMIs you’ll do lots of different activities, each activity is called a station. In Bristol I think there was 5/6. Each one will test a different skill (communication, problem solving, maths etc)
Original post by pacb10
I haven’t yet either!

Me neither. Although I have booked my Liverpool interview also.
Original post by AmeliaM
I am so upset! I applied to edinburgh for vet medicine and uploaded my work experience summary form a week before its due. I went to check the portal again for any updates on my application and it said that the form had not been uploaded even though there was a tick next to it in early october!!!! Any advice?????

i would try calling them to explain. Do you have any receipt at the time you uploaded it to show them as evidence ?
Anyone with a reply from Bristol, how long did you have to wait for their decision after submitting your WEPAPA?
No not yet but we must hear soon as they interview in December.....
Original post by AmeliaM
You do the form on a online link and then it emails to you so I have that! You then upload that document and it has a tick next to it when you've uploaded it, it doesn's send a conformation email so I was 100% sure I uploaded it! I think I am going to ring them tomorrow!

Have you rang them yet? How did you get on? fingers crossed it works out for you !!!
Original post by 11euni-b
Anyone with a reply from Bristol, how long did you have to wait for their decision after submitting your WEPAPA?

I submitted my WEPAPA on October 22 and I have not heard from them since (aside from the acknowledgement email after submitting WEPAPA)
Original post by silver001
This week has been pretty good so far, s/o to Surrey and Liverpool for sending out interviews within the maximum length of minimum suffering time 😂

We try our best @silver001 :tongue:
RVC haven't invited anyone to interview yet, don't stress :nah:

Quick Reply

Latest