The Student Room Group

train guy

hello

This will sound really odd

I commute on same day everyday but am stopping in 2 weeks cos im starting somewhere else.. anyway there is this cute guy that i always end up in same carriage and standing next to him every day.. how can i talk to him.. he always is watching stuff on his phone, i have headphones in. i could drop him a note when i leave as i have nothing to lose.

Scroll to see replies

You could just smile and ask for the time? Or if you're from London, if you notice him always reading the Metro, you can leave one of those Crush hour posts?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hello

I commute on same day everyday but am stopping in 2 weeks cos im starting somewhere else.. anyway there is this cute guy that i always end up in same carriage and standing next to him every day.. how can i talk to him.. he always is watching stuff on his phone, i have headphones in. i could drop him a note when i leave as i have nothing to lose.

Take inspiration from Zoë Folbigg. She left a note for a man on a train that she used to go on....
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
You could just smile and ask for the time? Or if you're from London, if you notice him always reading the Metro, you can leave one of those Crush hour posts?

train is not in london - he never reads metro - we both have phones so I can't really ask him time - he is clued to watching stuff on his phone
Reply 4
Original post by meenu89
Take inspiration from Zoë Folbigg. She left a note for a man on a train that she used to go on....

I know i read that - i cant do that till last day - i just wish we could just make convo before naturally..
Just. Go. Say. Hello.
the note idea is brilliant Imo
Reply 7
This is an interesting situation but this isn't a novel.
The note idea is good in theory but idiotic in practise. This isn't a romantic novel and many would react differently than expected.
Find an ice-breaker, have a conversation. Maybe just smile to him when you see him daily. He will remember you and it'll be easier to start a conversation.
Reply 8
hello

Watch this:

just say hello. there is no law against that. yet.
bump into them accidentally/purposefully and say oh my bad.sorry.then......
It's the train. You actually see the same person everyday?? Same carriage?? 😯

And Idk dear. Most people don't like conversation on the train...
I know! Try and catch him before you get on. 😃
One should express a greeting to the man by communicating the call of "Hello!".
The man should, as a response, recapitulate on the greeting by communicating the common phrases of, "Oh, hello.", "What's up?", "How can I help?" back to you.
Original post by that_guy874
One should express a greeting to the man by communicating the call of "Hello!".
The man should, as a response, recapitulate on the greeting by communicating the common phrases of, "Oh, hello.", "What's up?", "How can I help?" back to you.

Repped for beautiful use of sarcasm. I applaud you, sir.
Original post by CastCuraga
Repped for beautiful use of sarcasm. I applaud you, sir.

Ta hun xx
lmao @ dropping him a note.. some primary school ****
Reply 17
train is not in london - he never reads metro - we both have phones so I can't really ask him time - he is clued to watching stuff on his phone

Pretend yours is out of battery, therefore you have a valid reason to ask the time. :tongue:
Original post by tamil fever
bump into them accidentally/purposefully and say oh my bad.sorry.then......

Hehe i shall try
Original post by klw18
Pretend yours is out of battery, therefore you have a valid reason to ask the time. :tongue:

Lol good tactic

Original post by big ledba
lmao @ dropping him a note.. some primary school ****

Original post by Salt Queen
It's the train. You actually see the same person everyday?? Same carriage?? 😯

And Idk dear. Most people don't like conversation on the train...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending