The Student Room Group

Egyptian lawyer says it is 'patriotic duty' to rape women

Scroll to see replies

My cousin a man in his forties when to Egypt Sharm el Eheikh a few years ago he hated it. He told me it was dirty the food was terrible he scared all the time the locals were rube and wanted money all time.

Than I know a lady in her forties who loves Egypt she been going there twice a year on singles holidays for over 15 years.
Original post by yudothis
Isolated? It's all you hear about Egypt lol. Are you lying to yourself or just that ignorant?

I'm not American and given it's a UK forum it's foolish to assume that.

Also just because you say you aren't "proving" something, doesn't make it true.

Okay then. So what do you hear about in America then?
You've got the gall to say 'its all you hear about in Egypt' when you are blind to whats going on in other countries like your own and others.

What makes you think I'm ignorant? I acknowledged the fact that Egypt is full of this.
Don't go calling someone ignorant when you've contradicted yourself by firstly saying its all you hear about in Egypt and then not admitting to your own country UK which I myself live in that in the UK there are as much crimes based on sexual harassment.

If anyone is ignorant here its you.
Original post by Oneiropólos
Okay then. So what do you hear about in America then?
You've got the gall to say 'its all you hear about in Egypt' when you are blind to whats going on in other countries like your own and others.

What makes you think I'm ignorant? I acknowledged the fact that Egypt is full of this.
Don't go calling someone ignorant when you've contradicted yourself by firstly saying its all you hear about in Egypt and then not admitting to your own country UK which I myself live in that in the UK there are as much crimes based on sexual harassment.

If anyone is ignorant here its you.

I'm not from the U.K. either. You're funny.

And why should we talk about something else? We're taking about Egypt. Not any other county. Why are you trying to distract?
I'm not from the U.K. either. You're funny.

And why should we talk about something else? We're taking about Egypt. Not any other county. Why are you trying to distract?

Does it matter what country you're from? Not really.
Let me show you something.
'Nothing to see here. #NotAllMen just and outlier, isolated incident.'
The statement above is yours am I right?
Now please tell me how this comment of yours doesn't prove my own point right?

What makes you think I'm distracting? Im proving my point of your ignorance by saying all other countries have these incidents.
Just because they have them doesn't give you the right to generalise.
As you so elegantly put it in your comment that I posted.

'You're funny'? Haha come on. I know you can do better than that.
Actually, if I'm not mistaken that comment thats targeted at insulting me is a distraction. Hence why you contradict yourself yet again.

:smile: Just accept defeat
Does it matter what country you're from? Not really.
Let me show you something.
'Nothing to see here. #NotAllMen just and outlier, isolated incident.'
The statement above is yours am I right?
Now please tell me how this comment of yours doesn't prove my own point right?

What makes you think I'm distracting? Im proving my point of your ignorance by saying all other countries have these incidents.
Just because they have them doesn't give you the right to generalise.
As you so elegantly put it in your comment that I posted.

'You're funny'? Haha come on. I know you can do better than that.
Actually, if I'm not mistaken that comment thats targeted at insulting me is a distraction. Hence why you contradict yourself yet again.

:smile: Just accept defeat

Now to youre just writing gibberish.

Sad!
Now to youre just writing gibberish.

Sad!

I'll ignore the fact you just made a grammatical error and then accused me of writing gibberish.
If anything the fact you can't accept defeat nor acknowledge my point is both sad and ignorant.
Oh my... Looks like I got you again. Sad! :smile:
Original post by BurstChaos1
Isn't Egypt a muslim country? I think that would explain it.

Egypt has a large population of Coptic Christians and other Christian groups there about 10% to 20% of population.

Christians are persecuted in Egypt

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-10/who-are-egypts-copts/8429634

https://relevantmagazine.com/statement/whats-behind-the-horrific-christian-persecution-in-egypt/

Egypt: Suzan Ashraf Rawy, a 22-year-old Christian woman, was reportedly kidnapped on the morning of June 5 while walking to the Coptic Orthodox church she worked at. “When she did not return home that evening, her mother called the church,” an area Christian leader explained. “That is when she discovered Suzan did not arrive at the church in the morning. It is expected that she has been abducted.” She is the third Christian woman in the area of Al Khosous, a predominantly Christian town on the outskirts of Cairo, to disappear since May 30, when a Copt accidentally shot and killed a Muslim bystander during a quarrel with someone else. “Since then, the Muslims started to wage revenge attacks on the Christian community living there, especially the women,” the Christian leader said. According to the report, “Two other young Coptic Christian women disappeared without a trace after the May 30 incident. The families of the women suspected to have been kidnapped have received no communication from alleged kidnappers, the sources said. Area Muslims have long disfigured Christian women for not wearing veils by throwing acid on them, but there has been a surge in such attacks in the past few weeks, sources said…. Fear has seized Coptic Christians in the area, with women afraid to leave their homes. One of the church women’s meetings, which Rawy attended, has been suspended until further notice out of fear for the safety of the participants.”
I'll ignore the fact you just made a grammatical error and then accused me of writing gibberish.
If anything the fact you can't accept defeat nor acknowledge my point is both sad and ignorant.
Oh my... Looks like I got you again. Sad! :smile:

I'm typing from my phone which sometimes does weird autocorrects. And even if I made a grammatical mistake, is irrelevant to the fact that you're writing absolute nonsense. "Got me again" - are you 10? And what defeat? Honey, you're the one that's writing nonsense and claiming "I'm proving my point" as if you saying that somehow makes it so. Do you not get how ridiculous you are?
Btw don't expect me to further indulge your delusions.
I'm typing from my phone which sometimes does weird autocorrects. And even if I made a grammatical mistake, is irrelevant to the fact that you're writing absolute nonsense. "Got me again" - are you 10? And what defeat? Honey, you're the one that's writing nonsense and claiming "I'm proving my point" as if you saying that somehow makes it so. Do you not get how ridiculous you are?

Im done. You think your right and I think Im right.
Lets leave it at that. Have a good life
Don't talk as if you know more about my country than I do.
This is an isolated incident. For crying out loud America has more of these incidents. Haven't you been reading the news that several celebs have been accused of sexual harassment IN AMERICA. And probably more have done it but it hasn't been opened up. YET.

Egypts government is corrupt? Yes it is
Are some streets dangerous? Definitely

I am not making the points you are saying. I agree with you.
I am saying you cannot generalise an entire country of men and women based on one incident or several.

100,000,000 people live in Egypt so don't go around saying because one man did this the whole country is the same.
I dont generalise when I see people being accused or proven guilty of sexual crimes in the UK and USA, I see it as an isolated incident, and so should you.

And about that question you asked.
How dare you insult a country when your own is the same or even worse.
Just because Egypt's crimes are brought to light doesn't mean your countries HIDDEN crimes are of less significance.

This was to just prove my point. I didn't mean to insult you no matter how it may look. I am simply proving my point.

You are not proving your point, you are stating an opinion.

I have been to Egypt with a female partner and can tell you Egyptian men have no respect for western women. None at all.

They regard them as whores.
Original post by astutehirstute
You are not proving your point, you are stating an opinion.

I have been to Egypt with a female partner and can tell you Egyptian men have no respect for western women. None at all.

They regard them as whores.

I am from Egypt and have met people that loved it when they went.
And then again there are people who hated it.
Both have different views.

Which is why generalising an entire country is simply wrong.
The only way it would be right is if everyone came out of Egypt hating it.
So you deny your country is a backward cesspit of misogyny. You wouldn't mind to walk around Egypt as a woman?

Not all Egyptian people are backwards one of the top heart cardiothoracic surgeon in the world is Egyptian Sir Magdi Yacoub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdi_Yacoub
Original post by looloo2134
Not all Egyptian people are backwards one of the top heart cardiothoracic surgeon in the world is Egyptian Sir Magdi Yacoub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdi_Yacoub

So what? No one is saying they all are. Of course not all are. Doesn't change the fact that their society is.
Reply 34
So what? No one is saying they all are. Of course not all are. Doesn't change the fact that their society is.

In your limited opinion on the matter.

by the why you be abuse toward me about by spell and grammatical mistake on other post. Getting a spoonful of your own medicine it not nice is it. By the why I dyslexia and you just incapable of using your phone.
Original post by looloo2134
by the why you be abuse toward me about by spell and grammatical mistake on other post. Getting a spoonful of your own medicine it not nice is it. By the why I dyslexia and you just incapable of using your phone.

What medicine? Pretty sure your mistaking me and I don't feel bad one bit about it. You seem to have more issues with it, though.
I am from Egypt and have met people that loved it when they went.
And then again there are people who hated it.
Both have different views.

Which is why generalising an entire country is simply wrong.
The only way it would be right is if everyone came out of Egypt hating it.

I have been to Egypt and the country is amazing. So much history and culture.

The people are often contemptuous towards westerners though. Not all of them, but some. There seems to be a weird inferiority/superiority complex going on.
What medicine? Pretty sure your mistaking me and I don't feel bad one bit about it. You seem to have more issues with it, though.

I have a issue with people who think there better than other people and enjoy belittle them on forums.
Dont generalise an entire country and city based on an idiotic mans view.
People nowadays are so quick to generalise. Im from Egypt and I don't have these views. Proof

I'm Egyptian too and OP makes a very, very valid point. The extent to which women are mistreated in our country is disgusting. And if it's not overt harassment or abuse, it manifests itself as a covert belief that women are subservient. In Egypt, the phrase "what a man says, goes" IS undisputed and men are nowhere near perceiving women with the progressive, open mindset that they seem to believe they are. People CAN be quick to overgeneralize but the bigger problem for us isn't over generalizations at this point, its the dismissive attitude that so many Egyptian men and women adopt, fueled by their uninformed belief that the injustice people complain about is an exception instead of a norm. Wake up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending