The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

2018/9 Primary PGCE Applicants

Anyone else here applied/got an interview with SHU for the Primary PGCE course next year? Anyone got any advice? I feel pretty prepared for the questions they could ask and the teaching task but I'm a bit worried about what the maths and literacy tests are going to be like!
Hi, the maths is a basic 20 questions covering most areas of maths. If you have GCSE maths & skills test you won’t have a problem. They are used as just part of the overall selection process. The written task is a short response to a scenario, though we will look at spelling, punctuation grammar. Good luck with your application, look carefully at the selection event information & if we can help at Sheffield Hallam get in touch. We aim to make this as straightforward as possible to give you the best chance of success. Mark Heaton, Recruitment Lead, Teacher Ed, SHU
(edited 6 years ago)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Why_So_Calvin
Anyone else here applied/got an interview with SHU for the Primary PGCE course next year? Anyone got any advice? I feel pretty prepared for the questions they could ask and the teaching task but I'm a bit worried about what the maths and literacy tests are going to be like!

Thanks @Mark Heaton for answering @Why_So_Calvin question! :biggrin: Mark is from the Teaching department at Sheffield Hallam so feel free to chat to him if you have any more questions!

If not, let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Reanne :h:
Original post by Mark Heaton
Hi, the maths is a basic 20 questions covering most areas of maths. If you have GCSE maths & skills test you won’t have a problem. They are used as just part of the overall selection process. The written task is a short response to a scenario, though we will look at spelling, punctuation grammar. Good luck with your application, look carefully at the selection event information & if we can help at Sheffield Hallam get in touch. We aim to make this as straightforward as possible to give you the best chance of success. Mark Heaton, Recruitment Lead, Teacher Ed, SHU

Appreciate the response, thank you, I feel super prepared, can't wait!
Original post by Why_So_Calvin
Appreciate the response, thank you, I feel super prepared, can't wait!

Awesome @Why_So_Calvin! :grin:

Good luck with your interview and let me know what happens! :biggrin:

Reanne :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending