The Student Room Group

Holocaust

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
It is not for me to define members of the Hebrew community.

I know its not, that's why we have God's word to do it for us. So if you are from the tribe of Judah, or of the tribe of Benjamin which was joined into Judah (as it was Judah who protected Benjamin in Egypt), then you are a Jew.

So when Judah (the Jews) went in to captivity in Babylon, were they not persecuted? Or when they returned with Ezra and Nehemiah were they not persecuted by those around? Was not Peter and James and John Jews and also persecuted? And Paul (a Benjaminite) also persecuted? How can you say the Jews have not been persecuted?
Reply 61
He said the Jews were not persecuted by the Nazis (original context) solely because of their being creationists.

Quite different from what you are driving at.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
so our beloved bear is an anti-semite now?

Why is he? Did not certain Jews have collaboration in the crucifixion of our LORD Jesus the Messiah?
Original post by gjd800
He said the Jews were not persecuted by the Nazis (original context) solely because of their being creationists.

Quite different from what you are driving at.

A Jew believes in God, so this means they believe in God's word, which is a God created earth. If they do not believe in God then there is no point being a Jew any longer, so they cease to be Jews. Why would you keep the sabbath if you do not believe in it?
Reply 64
Original post by Drummond
A Jew believes in God, so this means they believe in God's word, which is a God created earth. If they do not believe in God then there is no point being a Jew any longer, so they cease to be Jews. Why would you keep the sabbath if you do not believe in it?

Again you are moving the goalposts. Your initial claim was that

the Jews were creationists, that's no secret.

and that

they were persecuted for believing in creation.

In relation to the thrust of the thread up until the point you made these comments, the suggestion is that you think that the Nazis targeted Jews primarily for being creationists. Is this your position?
Original post by gjd800
Again you are moving the goalposts. Your initial claim was that

and that

In relation to the thrust of the thread up until the point you made these comments, the suggestion is that you think that the Nazis targeted Jews primarily for being creationists. Is this your position?

Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you have evidence that the Jews were persecuted for not believing in God?

Is Jews believing in God something new?
Reply 66
Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you have evidence that the Jews were persecuted for not believing in God?

Is Jews believing in God something new?

I think you are incapable of answering a direct question. I have not set out a stall of my own here so your questions are not only a poor attempt at deflection, but also irrelevant.

Is it your contention that the Nazis targeted the Jews for extermination solely because they are creationists?
Original post by gjd800
I think you are incapable of answering a direct question. I have not set out a stall of my own here so your questions are not only a poor attempt at deflection, but also irrelevant.

Is it your contention that the Nazis targeted the Jews for extermination solely because they are creationists?

Do you have any evidence that the Jews were persecuted for something other than being Jews and believing in God?
Reply 68
Do you have any evidence that the Jews were persecuted for something other than being Jews and believing in God?

Is it your contention that the Nazis persecution of the Jews was motivated solely because of Jewish belief in creationism?
Original post by gjd800
Is it your contention that the Nazis persecution of the Jews was motivated solely because of Jewish belief in creationism?

Are you suggesting that Jews were not persecuted for their beliefs? What were they persecuted for then?

Why don't you want to enlighten me with your understanding of the holocaust?
Original post by gjd800

Are you suggesting that these people in Auschwitz did not believe in God?
Reply 71
Are you suggesting that Jews were not persecuted for their beliefs? What were they persecuted for then?

Why don't you want to enlighten me with your understanding of the holocaust?

I have asked you the same very simple question multiple times and you are not forthcoming with any sort of considered reply. In a good faith exchange, you would simply answer the question asked of you before getting all het up about what my opinion might or might not be.

Why is that?
Reply 72
Are you suggesting that these people in Auschwitz did not believe in God?

I'm not suggesting anything at all. I asked a simple question which you are pulling Matrix moves to dodge. Why?
Most people follow this ideology that if they didnot witness an event with their own eyes then it did not happen.A very foolish perspective and view in my opinion and shows how ignorant we as human beings can be.
Original post by gjd800
I have asked you the same very simple question multiple times and you are not forthcoming with any sort of considered reply. In a good faith exchange, you would simply answer the question asked of you before getting all het up about what my opinion might or might not be.

Why is that?

#

Yes for the umpteenth time, i believe that the Jews were persecuted for believing in God and creation.

Now are you going to answer my question?

Do you believe that the Jews in the holocaust did not believe in God?
Reply 75
#

Yes for the umpteenth time, i believe that the Jews were persecuted for believing in God and creation.

Now are you going to answer my question?

Do you believe that the Jews in the holocaust did not believe in God?

That's not quite what you said earlier. If you must make assertions, at least own them.

Nowhere have I said or implied that Jews in the Holocaust lacked a belief in God. I have not actually said or implied anything about the Holocaust, I simply asked a question.
Original post by gjd800
That's not quite what you said earlier. If you must make assertions, at least own them.

Nowhere have I said or implied that Jews in the Holocaust lacked a belief in God. I have not actually said or implied anything about the Holocaust, I simply asked a question.

But you were suggesting that they might have been persecuted for something other than believing in God. So enlighten me on what this thing is then please.

Why would you want to cast doubt on whether the Jews in the holocaust believed in God? And that it was not for their beliefs of why they were persecuted? Without having any evidence to back up your claim.

I'm all ears.
Reply 77
But you were suggesting that they might have been persecuted for something other than believing in God. So enlighten me on what this thing is then please.

Why would you want to cast doubt on whether the Jews in the holocaust believed in God? And that it was not for their beliefs of why they were persecuted? Without having any evidence to back up your claim.

I'm all ears.

I certainly did not cast doubt on whether or not the Jews believe(d) in God - that's a deliberate misrepresentation.

I have made no claims to 'back up'.
Do you have any evidence that they did not believe in God?

What does this have to do with it?
Original post by gjd800
I certainly did not cast doubt on whether or not the Jews believe(d) in God - that's a deliberate misrepresentation.

I have made no claims to 'back up'.

Okay that's good to hear, thanks for sharing your thoughts and beliefs with us in this thread :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending