The Student Room Group

Oxford 2018 Official Invitations to Interview (GENERAL THREAD FOR OXFORD APPLICANTS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amypalmmerrr
Did you get a notification on ucas or a letter? Just wondering how it comes trough if you hear back

I got an email from the admissions tutor saying that she had been informed by the tutors that they would like to see me for an interview, then the dates were listed and I had to confirm I could go with an interview code then that was it. No other ucas notification or letter as far as I know. They might send another email or letter with extra info but I'll just have to wait and see.
Original post by Neophyteee
I got an email from the admissions tutor saying that she had been informed by the tutors that they would like to see me for an interview, then the dates were listed and I had to confirm I could go with an interview code then that was it. No other ucas notification or letter as far as I know. They might send another email or letter with extra info but I'll just have to wait and see.

Oh okay thank you for responding I wasn’t just wondering!
Reply 22
Anyone know when philosophy/modern languages invites went out last year?
There are something like 0.2 places at the college where I applied for my specific Couse so I won't be surprised if I get moved !
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Hi everyone. I'm a first year biologist studying at Oxford so I know what you're all going through. If you have any questions about Biology or interviews in general, feel free to ask me :smile:
Name: auburnstar
GCSE Results: n/a (1 b at gcse maths for what its worth...)
AS Subjects & results: AAABB Music, French, Spanish, English, Biology.
A2 Subjects & predictions: A*AAA in English, Music, French, Spanish (Achieved).
Which college: St Johns
What degree: Music

(update: interview invite 14/11/17)
(edited 6 years ago)
Applied for biochemistry and just received an invite from new im absolutely buzzing
Reply 26
Just received an interview for music! So excited 😁😁😁
When do they send out offers for Physics?
Reply 28
Does anyone know when EP invitations come in? I suppose it'd be pretty late because it's one of the last subjects being interviewed...
I just got an invite for biochemistry at st.peters!!! Extremely excited!!
ahhhh just got an invite for Fine Art at New College <333 I am beyond thrilled
Anyone know roughly when PPE interview invitations are sent out?
Original post by theholychilli
Anyone know roughly when PPE interview invitations are sent out?

Last year my friend received hers 23rd Nov and her interviews were 4th-7th Dec
Original post by Em2122
Just received an interview for music! So excited 😁😁😁

Wow that’s amaze! What instrument do you play?? ( if you don’t mind me asking ) :smile:
Original post by parzi10
Hi everyone. I'm a first year biologist studying at Oxford so I know what you're all going through. If you have any questions about Biology or interviews in general, feel free to ask me :smile:

Just got an invitation to interview for Biological Sciences!

Do you need to prepare for the interview? If so, how? I feel like my biology general knowledge is pretty good tbh.
Original post by TheBirder

Well done! Which college?
Original post by TheBirder

Do you need to prepare for the interview? If so, how? I feel like my biology general knowledge is pretty good tbh.

Applying for English at St Hugh's. I'm really nervous about whether or not I'll get called to interview. Statistically, I'm aware it's unlikely I'll get accepted, but the majority of applicants do at least get interviewed, so I feel like it'll really hit me if I don't even get past this stage. :/ But I don't know. Maybe I'm just being silly by thinking about it like that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chemistry_Queen

Brasenose :smile:
Original post by AlexUnderscore
Applying for English at St Hugh's. I'm really nervous about whether or not I'll get called to interview. Statistically, I'm aware it's unlikely I'll get accepted, but the majority of applicants do at least get interviewed, so I feel like it'll really hit me if I don't even get past this stage. :/ But I don't know. Maybe I'm just being silly by thinking about it like that.

I don't really have too much hopes in getting in, but going to an interview feels like the least I can achieve after all the work put in my application... I guess it might be silly but tbh I feel exactly the same, hopefully we'll both be interviewed!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending