The Student Room Group

What A levels can be taken online?

Hi, I'm looking to repeat A levels, but study online and then sit them in one of the exam centers this summer. I want to do full A levels. Do you know which ones doesn't require speaking, coursework, assessments and other stuff, just purely exams? I know that there are new specifications so I'm asking. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
literally none
Reply 2
I know Maths is just a bunch of question papers...so you could revise for that online quite easily.
Reply 3
I can't do maths to save my life...
Reply 4
Original post by ayako90
I can't do maths to save my life...

Choosing A Levels based solely on the form of assessment is a silly idea in the first place. Tell us what subjects you like and we can tell you what the assessment is and whether there are ways of getting around it, or doing it.
Most of them except geography and art perhaps? I have no experience in art, but have in geography and we had to do group-work/field work i.e measuring the dimensions of a river
Reply 6
Original post by StayWoke
Choosing A Levels based solely on the form of assessment is a silly idea in the first place. Tell us what subjects you like and we can tell you what the assessment is and whether there are ways of getting around it, or doing it.

I can't do subjects, that require coursework and assessments, because the exam center doesn't take or mark them. They only allow you to sit the exams, nothing more, that's why I can only do subjects that are purely based on exams, if that makes any sense. At this point I'm willing to study anything, except for maths and business.
Original post by ayako90
I can't do subjects, that require coursework and assessments, because the exam center doesn't take or mark them. They only allow you to sit the exams, nothing more, that's why I can only do subjects that are purely based on exams, if that makes any sense. At this point I'm willing to study anything, except for maths and business.

Psychology and Sociology are 2 big ones, AQA Psychology is 100% self study-able with the textbooks, it’s what I’m doing at the moment. ☺️
Reply 8
So, both of them are 100% exams? And both are from AQA?
Original post by FloralHybrid
Psychology and Sociology are 2 big ones, AQA Psychology is 100% self study-able with the textbooks, it’s what I’m doing at the moment. ☺️
Search on OOL - just type into google. Though you have to pay in instalments and still pay to take the exam at a certain centre.
Original post by ayako90
So, both of them are 100% exams? And both are from AQA?

I’m actually in sixth form, just self studying due to illness. But, yes. Both AQA, Both 100% exams. 3 exams per subject, each worth 1/3.

The textbooks and online resources for psychology are brilliant. Getting an A/A* would be entirely doable with enough commitment. If you can find an exam centre that you can sit the papers at, I’d definitely recommend them both. They follow a similar format.
Original post by ayako90

Why don't you apply as a mature student to a college?
Maths, Business Studies, Religious Studies. Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Law, Accounting.......

Quick Reply

Latest