The Student Room Group

Geography Careers?

I'm wondering what carers I would be able to get into with a Geography degree, and if they are good careers?

Firstly, I enjoy both Human & Physical Geography, however, due to my A-Level subjects, I'd most likely have a BA, rather than a BSc.

I was thinking along the lines of Environmental Consulting, Surveying, GIS, Town/Urban Planning, and then jobs in the public sector, politics related or policy related.

Also, will I be able to get into the likes of Environmental Consulting with a BA? Most job adverts I've seen ask for Engineering, Geology or Environmental degrees.
Original post by Fonzworth
I'm wondering what carers I would be able to get into with a Geography degree, and if they are good careers?

Firstly, I enjoy both Human & Physical Geography, however, due to my A-Level subjects, I'd most likely have a BA, rather than a BSc.

I was thinking along the lines of Environmental Consulting, Surveying, GIS, Town/Urban Planning, and then jobs in the public sector, politics related or policy related.

Also, will I be able to get into the likes of Environmental Consulting with a BA? Most job adverts I've seen ask for Engineering, Geology or Environmental degrees.

You're going about looking at this the right way i.e by looking ta job descriptions. Carry on and do some more research. Also don't forget that you have transferable skills that can take you into lots of not necessarily related things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending