The Student Room Group

Interview prep discussion 2018 entry

Now interview offers are starting to come through I thought it would be super useful to start a thread where current applicants can post topics they are researching/ common answers they are preparing! Hopefully it means no one misses anything out as there is quite a lot to cover!

I’ll start...

Topic: NHS structure
Quick fact I’ve learnt: total NHS budget is £115 billion and 60% of this is given to CCGs (clinical commissioning groups) for them to distribute in their local areas
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Aha it’s actually quite interesting!
Reply 2
H!:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Hahaha noo definitely not😂 it’d be super cool to be involved in admissions & interviews though! (If I get through them myself lol)
Reply 4
Yeah there is that but I also think making medical schools more widely accessible and encouraging people to apply would be rewarding :smile: I also enjoy interviewing people ahaha
Reply 5
Yeah I’m getting kinda worried for my interviews, but was told I came across relaxed (somehow?!) in a mock so maybe I’ll be okay ahah
Reply 6
Yeah definitely! Have you any tips on how to approach the role play/ breaking bad news type of stations? I’m not the best actor😂
Reply 7
Aha I know but when you practise with friends it’s very easy to laugh😂 thank you that’s really helpful!
Reply 8
I’m pretty sure I’ll be too scared to laugh hahaha!

How would you advise approaching ethics questions to try and avoid digging yourself a hole?! (I’m aware of using the 4 pillars as structure is that the best plan!)

How would you approach the why you want to be a doctor answer so you don’t sound like everyone else? Obviously I have my reasons (😂) but any tips on structuring it/how many points/ to include work experience anecdote or not?

Sorry I’ve kinda bombarded you!
Reply 9
Oops never quoted you!
Reply 10
Okay fab thanks so much!