The Student Room Group

2018 Graduate Entry Medicine - Oxford (A101)

Hello everyone.

I did not see a forum dedicated to this so I decided to start one! Please let me know if another one exist. I am an international applicant actually, so I don't know how much of this thread will pertain to me.

Hopefully everyone is gearing up for the BMAT this week!! Good luck to all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey thanks for making this thread! I'm a UK student but my A-levels really suck so I'm hoping my BMAT will be good enough for them to over-look that!
Finally, an Oxford thread!
I hope everyone did well on their BMAT! Started off well but turned brutal quickly, haha.
Reply 4
Original post by patchesohoulihan
I hope everyone did well on their BMAT! Started off well but turned brutal quickly, haha.

I thought it started brutal and got better!
I am assuming that we won't hear back until (at least) Nov 24th when the results are published.. right?
Reply 6
I believe they send interview invites out at the beginning of December :smile:
Reply 7
What college did everyone apply to?
Original post by bdi

Magdalen :smile:
Original post by bdi

St.Annes :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by bdi

Magdalen
Glad to see this thread!
I applied to Harris Manchester :smile:
Happy to meet you all! I applied to Magdalen also. Fingers crossed we all meet one another there :smile:
I was looking on Oxford's site for a BMAT threshold. The FAQ says the interview cutoff is after the top 40% (link), does anyone know more about this?

https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/accelerated/faqs/what-bmat-score-do-i-need-to-be-sure-of-being-offered-an-interview
Reply 15

Hm what would an overall score of 18.5 be? Does that mean like 7, 6.5, 5A for each of the sections or something?

Also I e-mailed admissions specifically to ask about A-levels and all they told me is that there were no specific requirements. Looking at those states however it seems there is!
Original post by bdi
Hm what would an overall score of 18.5 be? Does that mean like 7, 6.5, 5A for each of the sections or something?

This is my presumption, yes. Which for the GEM course (average of 14 ish) Is 5/5/4...
Reply 18
Did any of you guys apply to Cambridge too? I thought the BMAT was horrendous, but I recently got invited to interview for Cambridge, which will be my only saving grace if my BMAT score is abysmal... Puts even more pressure on as the interview is before the results come out!!
Original post by hduei
Did any of you guys apply to Cambridge too? I thought the BMAT was horrendous, but I recently got invited to interview for Cambridge, which will be my only saving grace if my BMAT score is abysmal... Puts even more pressure on as the interview is before the results come out!!

Cambridge does not accept international to their graduate programme. Do they not require a BMAT seeing that you already have an interview?

Also, Congrats!!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending