The Student Room Group

Unilever Graduate Scheme 2018

Thought I would start a thread for applications this year as I haven't seen any yet.

Has anyone applied for the Unilever scheme and heard feedback? I did the video interview about 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting to hear back!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by V369
Thought I would start a thread for applications this year as I haven't seen any yet.

Has anyone applied for the Unilever scheme and heard feedback? I did the video interview about 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting to hear back!

Hi!

Hope you hear back from the interview!

Which scheme have you applied for? I've just completed my application for Customer Management. How did you find the games? :smile:
Reply 2
I've applied for the HR scheme, I completed the games which I find quite straightforward and fun and was invited to video interview straight after - going to do some research and prepare and do it on Tuesday.Any tips for the video interview?
Reply 3
Slightly disheartened to hear others have heard back... I last received an email over 2 weeks ago saying my online games scores were under review and that they'd be in contact soon. Heard zilch since, so not sure if I've made it through to the digital interview. I've applied to the Marketing scheme.
I need to do the games- did everyone else find them straight forward or did you practice beforehand? :smile:
Reply 5
They were fine, just read the instructions carefully and do them in total concentration.
Reply 6
I applied for HR! I actually found the games quite fun! Definitely a refresher from the standard tests. Good luck on your application!
Original post by mhllws
They were fine, just read the instructions carefully and do them in total concentration.

Original post by V369
I applied for HR! I actually found the games quite fun! Definitely a refresher from the standard tests. Good luck on your application!

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 8
Just taken my video interview... don't feel like I did brilliantly but I probably did the best I could. You get opportunities to re-record each answer luckily (which gives extra thinking time) but the questions were quite tough. I didn't do a business degree but I feel like somebody who had would be better equipped to answer them. I did lots of research though so I had plenty of 'buzz' words I could throw in. Will wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply 9
Original post by mhllws
Just taken my video interview... don't feel like I did brilliantly but I probably did the best I could. You get opportunities to re-record each answer luckily (which gives extra thinking time) but the questions were quite tough. I didn't do a business degree but I feel like somebody who had would be better equipped to answer them. I did lots of research though so I had plenty of 'buzz' words I could throw in. Will wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.

What kind of stuff or were you sworn to not share questions?
Reply 10
Three questions based around scenarios. You were given bullet points to consider and had to explain how you would address these.

The final question I watched a video and was given a four-page document about a Unilever brand and the obstacle it was facing. I had to create a plan on how to address the issue and deliver this in five minutes.

I've received feedback on email stating I gave 'excellent' answers against Unilever's three main principals but based on reading past posts on here that doesn't mean you're going to get to the assessment day!
Original post by V369

Hey! I did mine a month ago, haven't heard back yet.. think it will be the end of this week..
Reply 12
Original post by mhllws
Three questions based around scenarios. You were given bullet points to consider and had to explain how you would address these.

The final question I watched a video and was given a four-page document about a Unilever brand and the obstacle it was facing. I had to create a plan on how to address the issue and deliver this in five minutes.

I've received feedback on email stating I gave 'excellent' answers against Unilever's three main principals but based on reading past posts on here that doesn't mean you're going to get to the assessment day!

That's exactly what I did, it was definitely harder than other video interviews I've previously done. I received similar feedback as well, starts off with 'excellent' but then gives some improvement. Not sure it will actually get you to the assessment day though.
Reply 13
Original post by rjb185
Slightly disheartened to hear others have heard back... I last received an email over 2 weeks ago saying my online games scores were under review and that they'd be in contact soon. Heard zilch since, so not sure if I've made it through to the digital interview. I've applied to the Marketing scheme.

Have you considered calling or sending an email? I received feedback on my games score about 20 minutes after, so it's a bit strange that you haven't heard back yet
Hi all,

I have applied for supply chain and have been given an invite for the video interview. Is it possible to re-record the answers to these? Also, are these standard competency questions or how you would act in certain workplace situations?

Cheers,

Roadrunner
Reply 15
Original post by Roadrunner51
Hi all,

I have applied for supply chain and have been given an invite for the video interview. Is it possible to re-record the answers to these? Also, are these standard competency questions or how you would act in certain workplace situations?

Cheers,

Roadrunner

You can record each answer up to three times. Check my previous post for comments on the questions.
Reply 16
Original post by rjb185

Hey! I have had the same issue! My friend and I both applied to the HR scheme and she got an instant invite and I got the same email as you did. I called recruitment and they told me that I was unsuccessful, but that my application was put on hold/waiting list. She also said I would not hear back from them until a few weeks later :frown:.

Most likely our scores were not exactly what they were looking for, but good enough to be put on a waiting list. Like we are considered a potential false negative, rejected but we should not have been rejected story.

Depending on how many successful applicants they have before the deadline, we will either be invited to the next stage or not.

Fingers crossed!
Reply 17
Original post by timondg
Hey! I have had the same issue! My friend and I both applied to the HR scheme and she got an instant invite and I got the same email as you did. I called recruitment and they told me that I was unsuccessful, but that my application was put on hold/waiting list. She also said I would not hear back from them until a few weeks later :frown:.

Most likely our scores were not exactly what they were looking for, but good enough to be put on a waiting list. Like we are considered a potential false negative, rejected but we should not have been rejected story.

Depending on how many successful applicants they have before the deadline, we will either be invited to the next stage or not.

Fingers crossed!

Did you practice beforehand? You can go to pymetrics site directly and go through it. I went through it twice, the second time I manipulated my answers to get answers which were in line with my role.
Reply 18
Original post by svesve
Hey! I did mine a month ago, haven't heard back yet.. think it will be the end of this week..

Hi Guys, did you hear back after the video interview to know whether you are invited to the assessment day? I haven't receive anything after the computer feedback..
Reply 19
Hey, did you receive any feedback about whether you made it to the assessment centre?
Original post by mhllws

Quick Reply

Latest