The Student Room Group

Made a mistake in UCAS app - help

I was recently checking my UCAS app and I found that I accidentally put "IGCSE Computer Studies" instead of "IGCSE Computer Science", with the same grade. Was wondering what I should do?
Reply 1
Original post by ArcaneMists
I was recently checking my UCAS app and I found that I accidentally put "IGCSE Computer Studies" instead of "IGCSE Computer Science", with the same grade. Was wondering what I should do?

Don't panic. Double check everything else in case you've made other similar mistakes.

Email [email protected] with the details that need changing. Remember to include your personal ID. Wait until they reply - it's possible it might take until Monday now - and see what they say. They might tell you to notify the unis you've applied to directly, and if so you send the same email to the admissions tutors.

I think I did the same thing too, its just that there wasn't a Computer Science option.
Original post by helloitsmeq23
I think I did the same thing too, its just that there wasn't a Computer Science option.

So are they the same thing? Do I have to do anything then?

I did not do anything...
Reply 5

It's most likely going to be OK. But if too many applicants meet their offers the uni may look for technicalities to reject people. And technically you have declared an incorrect qualification.

Chances are your school just called it a different thing. Our school called it GCSE Computer Science but my exam certificate said GCSE Computing
Original post by Juno
It's most likely going to be OK. But if too many applicants meet their offers the uni may look for technicalities to reject people. And technically you have declared an incorrect qualification.

Would I be worrying for medicine?
Original post by JennLousie
Chances are your school just called it a different thing. Our school called it GCSE Computer Science but my exam certificate said GCSE Computing

:P I checked the certificate and it says computer science
Reply 9
Would I be worrying for medicine?

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Medicine offers are very hard to get. Do you really want to give yours up over something so stupid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending