The Student Room Group

Does wearing hijab mean I'll never find love?

Yeah I know, I shouldnt be looking for love anyways like i know that in islam the hijab isnt about men its about modesty but im going to uni soon and im just wondering. I dont mind what race im going to marry but since im not going to be attracting people and im 100% not settling for an arranged marraige how the hell am i ever going to find love, like in work, societies anything because ill never attract anyone. Im not going to remove the hijab but it just hit me, like its possible for me not to find love especially cs my standards are stupid like im attracted to white people Pakistani myself.

Scroll to see replies

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that the point of hijab , to stop men looking at u
Reply 2
Wear it if you want to. It's your choice ultimately.
Reply 3
lol, chill out woman. BILLIONS OF WOMEN have have found love whilst wearing the Hijab and extremely baggy clothing and wide dresses.

It's a case of finding a man that truly loves because of who you are, not because you have a pretty face.
Reply 4
Original post by Ray_Shadows
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that the point of hijab , to stop men looking at u

its deeper than to stop men looking at you, men are told not to look first in the quran and they have their own hijab
Reply 5
Original post by 713Wave
lol, chill out woman. BILLIONS OF WOMEN have have found love whilst wearing the Hijab and extremely baggy clothing and wide dresses.

It's a case of finding a man that truly loves because of who you are, not because you have a pretty face.

HOW
Original post by 2579
its deeper than to stop men looking at you, men are told not to look first in the quran and they have their own hijab

wait what happens if u take it of though
honestly, if youre not happy wearing it, dont. youre not wearing it for the right reasons anyway. you wear it to protect yourself from men's gazes. you want the complete opposite of what the hijab does!
Original post by 2579
Yeah I know, I shouldnt be looking for love anyways

You can be a slave to your religion, or you can enjoy life. It's your choice.

I dont mind what race im going to marry but since im not going to be attracting people and im 100% not settling for an arranged marraige how the hell am i ever going to find love, like in work, societies anything because ill never attract anyone. Im not going to remove the hijab but it just hit me, like its possible for me not to find love especially cs my standards are stupid like im attracted to white people Pakistani myself.

As an Atheist, I recommend that you read the Quran, especially what it says about women. That may help overcome your concerns, one way or the other.
Original post by Anonymous
you wear it to protect yourself from men's gazes.

What time is it there? It's the 21st century here!
Attachment not found

this is the reason for hijab, if u can read it
Reply 11
Original post by RogerOxon
What time is it there? It's the 21st century here!

I suggest you read the quran since you thought that statement was true
Original post by 2579
I suggest you read the quran since you thought that statement was true

The poster that i replied to was stating what they thought was the reason for wearing it. I did not mention the Quran in my reply, did I?!
Reply 13
The poster that i replied to was stating what they thought was the reason for wearing it. I did not mention the Quran in my reply, did I?!

Why tell me to read the quran when you haven't read it yourself then?
Original post by 2579
Why tell me to read the quran when you haven't read it yourself then?

Why do you think that I haven't read it?

I suggested that you read it because it contains more than enough for any woman to run away, fast.

Frankly, I don't know how any non-psychopath (male or female) can be a Muslim if they've actually read the Quran, rather than been indoctrinated with a cherry-picked version.

Anyway, you obviously don't like the advice. Good luck with your struggle to reconcile a medieval fairy tale with modern life.
(edited 6 years ago)
Err, when you say you're 'attracted to white men' and seek to 'find love' and be attractive, why even wear a hijab?

That's defeating the entire purpose of it. If a guy found you attractive for your looks, well, sorry to say this but after 30/40, he'll leave you for the same reason because that wasn't 'love', it was simply as you stated 'attraction'. White or not.
If you wore a hijab, you'd find a guy who'd love you for the same reason - BECAUSE you wear a hijab. BECAUSE you're modest, BECAUSE you're obedient to God especially if you decide to put religion first. If not, then I suggest don't waste your time on the matter whether or not you want to wear a hijab.

Oh and there are plenty of white douches out there just like there are plenty of Pakistani douches in the UK or elsewhere. Similarly, there are amazing Pakistani men out there too, if you're not biased and try to accept the fact that not everyone is born perfect, not even you. So stop setting high standards when you can't even expect the same from yourself. Instead, try improving yourself to the point that your standards actually deserve to be met.

If a guy loves you, it'll show irrespective of his race, nationality or tongue, even. It'll be the respect he offers you and the comfort you'll feel around them. Don't confuse that with sexual tension or attraction.
But then again, whatever you look for in a guy is subjective.

On a final note, when the right time comes, you'll end up with a guy you deserve for whatever you are and for whatever you do. White, black, brown - nothing is guaranteed. Just the fact that it'll be someone you deserved and someone that God thought perfect for you unless of course you decide to miss that chance and pass over - in which case, I suggest you don't start looking for love *immediately*, take some time. Evaluate your choices. Be smart. Make sure it's the person you want to spend your entire life with. It's so much more than love, you're literally entrusting them with your life, so don't rush things - and remember, whether or not you wear the hijab is up to you, and the consequences of either will definitely affect the future in every way possible. Be careful :smile:
Reply 16
I've been wearing corpsepaint and pig's blood for ten years and I do ok.
Reply 17
Why do you think that I haven't read it?

I suggested that you read it because it contains more than enough for any woman to run away, fast.

Frankly, I don't know how any non-psychopath (male or female) can be a Muslim if they've actually read the Quran, rather than been indoctrinated with a cherry-picked version.

Anyway, you obviously don't like the advice. Good luck with your struggle to reconcile a medieval fairy tale with modern life.

I've read it, don't worry.
OMG there are white Muslims!!! They're not rare smh
Reply 19
Original post by Amylololol
Err, when you say you're 'attracted to white men' and seek to 'find love' and be attractive, why even wear a hijab?

That's defeating the entire purpose of it. If a guy found you attractive for your looks, well, sorry to say this but after 30/40, he'll leave you for the same reason because that wasn't 'love', it was simply as you stated 'attraction'. White or not.
If you wore a hijab, you'd find a guy who'd love you for the same reason - BECAUSE you wear a hijab. BECAUSE you're modest, BECAUSE you're obedient to God especially if you decide to put religion first. If not, then I suggest don't waste your time on the matter whether or not you want to wear a hijab.

Oh and there are plenty of white douches out there just like there are plenty of Pakistani douches in the UK or elsewhere. Similarly, there are amazing Pakistani men out there too, if you're not biased and try to accept the fact that not everyone is born perfect, not even you. So stop setting high standards when you can't even expect the same from yourself. Instead, try improving yourself to the point that your standards actually deserve to be met.

If a guy loves you, it'll show irrespective of his race, nationality or tongue, even. It'll be the respect he offers you and the comfort you'll feel around them. Don't confuse that with sexual tension or attraction.
But then again, whatever you look for in a guy is subjective.

On a final note, when the right time comes, you'll end up with a guy you deserve for whatever you are and for whatever you do. White, black, brown - nothing is guaranteed. Just the fact that it'll be someone you deserved and someone that God thought perfect for you unless of course you decide to miss that chance and pass over - in which case, I suggest you don't start looking for love *immediately*, take some time. Evaluate your choices. Be smart. Make sure it's the person you want to spend your entire life with. It's so much more than love, you're literally entrusting them with your life, so don't rush things - and remember, whether or not you wear the hijab is up to you, and the consequences of either will definitely affect the future in every way possible. Be careful :smile:

Everyone wants to find love, its human nature and at the moment i'm not actively looking for love, Im just wondering about my future. I cant really help what Im attracted to and I'm pretty sure settling for someone who I dont find attractive will not be having a healthy relationship. Thanks though, you made some good points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending