The Student Room Group

Medicine - Interviews 2018

Hey guys! Has anyone received an interview call for entry to medicine 2018? Just wondering :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yes, candidates have got interview emails for Bristol, Birmingham and Leicester
Original post by vevgeniou
Hey guys! Has anyone received an interview call for entry to medicine 2018? Just wondering :smile:

I haven't gotten any yet but honestly the wait is killing me
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I knoww! It's honestly agonising how everyone not doing med is receiving offers and we're there like waiting for calls, not even offers.😂
Original post by SmyrnaGarg
I haven't gotten any yet but honestly the wait is killing me
I knoww! It's honestly agonising how everyone not doing med is receiving offers and we're there like waiting for calls, not even offers.😂

I just heard Cardiff gave out offers and I haven't got it and I think I am rejected and honestly I think I having an anxiety attack plus I need to do my extended essay which I can't concentrate on.

I don't know why they make us go through so much pain omg
I just heard Cardiff gave out offers and I haven't got it and I think I am rejected and honestly I think I having an anxiety attack plus I need to do my extended essay which I can't concentrate on.

Sorry didn't mean to cause anxiety! They gave out INTERVIEWS, not offers. It's more likely that they have given out interviews for the first batch rather than you being rejected.
Original post by GrandExecutioner
Sorry didn't mean to cause anxiety! They gave out INTERVIEWS, not offers. It's more likely that they have given out interviews for the first batch rather than you being rejected.

No don't worry seriously. I'm just getting worked up for no reason. Its all cool
Reply 7
Don't worry honestly!! For us it's just so much harder compared to everyone else and it's natural for us to be extremely stressed. Going through the UKCAT and BMAT epxerience I had countless breakdowns and I'm still going through severe anxiety so I can feel you.x But I think we just need to be patient, cause I know of people who have gotten offers in March.
I did an EPQ last year, it was really useful so try to block everything out and focus on your preparation for interviews, your essay and your A-levels/IBs.

Don't worry honestly!! For us it's just so much harder compared to everyone else and it's natural for us to be extremely stressed. Going through the UKCAT and BMAT epxerience I had countless breakdowns and I'm still going through severe anxiety so I can feel you.x But I think we just need to be patient, cause I know of people who have gotten offers in March.
I did an EPQ last year, it was really useful so try to block everything out and focus on your preparation for interviews, your essay and your A-levels/IBs.

Thanks, UKCAT was a nightmare. Hopefully it pays off. I saw cardiff has this point calculator system and I am in IB and I have no clue how to work it out do any of you have an idea?
Reply 9
I haven't applied to Cardiff so i don't really know how it works... where else did you apply?
Thanks, UKCAT was a nightmare. Hopefully it pays off. I saw cardiff has this point calculator system and I am in IB and I have no clue how to work it out do any of you have an idea?
I haven't applied to Cardiff so i don't really know how it works... where else did you apply?

liverpool, nottingham
Reply 11
Cool! No 4th option?
liverpool, nottingham
Cool! No 4th option?

East anglia but that is just so I can practice an interview so that I would be more confident for cardiff, nottingham and liverpool (supposing I get in )
East anglia but that is just so I can practice an interview so that I would be more confident for cardiff, nottingham and liverpool (supposing I get in )

What if East Anglia is one of your later interviews compared to the other 3? I think you should aim to get in for all 4 of them rather than use one as a practice so much so that it doesn't matter if you get into that one, if you know what I mean? At the end of the day, you won't know where your offers will come from
(edited 6 years ago)
Got one from Cardiff :smile: So nervous but excited that I got my first one!!

Hi there!

We've just published a blog on this, Medical School Interview Invitations 2017-18.

On this blog you can see when med schools hold their interviews, when the send their offers out - as well as which schools other students have received invitations from in a poll at the end!

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Reply 16
Thank you so much for this. Your blog in general is extremely helpful especially when I did my UKCAT and BMAT. Thank you for your service. :smile:
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi there!

We've just published a blog on this, Medical School Interview Invitations 2017-18.

On this blog you can see when med schools hold their interviews, when the send their offers out - as well as which schools other students have received invitations from in a poll at the end!

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Thank you so much for this. Your blog in general is extremely helpful especially when I did my UKCAT and BMAT. Thank you for your service. :smile:

So glad you find it useful :smile:
Reply 18
I’ve gotten one from UClan :biggrin: I’ve been using Medic Portal Interview course and ISC medical books to prepare
Hey guys!

I am a first year Medic at KCL and I've had a few people PM me worried about not receiving an interview yet. Do not worry, I didn't receive my interview until March! They send interviews out in batches so keep waiting :smile:

good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest