The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by TheConfusedMedic
And, dare I say it, Oxford too (although Oxford's is still no where near the deadness of the Exeter threads :lol:)

Maybe it's the Ibz Mo effect :biggrin:

Yeah I had a look at the threads and there's literally no posts about it, starting to think I'm missing something 😅
Original post by TracyEmu
Great stats!! well done on getting 3 interviews already!!

how are you planning on preparing for the interviews? using any resources? attending any MMI courses?

Thank you :h:
My plan now is to...
-use Medic Portal and read all the information they have their on interviews as well as looking on the university websites
-make sure I'm up to date with current headlines in the NHS
-do a little background research on universities
-have a clear idea on how to structure some of the common interview questions e.g. 'why do you want to study medicine' etc.
-mock interviews at school
-practise speaking by just conversing more (I've been trying harder lately to talk with more new people to practise my interview skills)

Hope this helps xxx :smile:
Original post by emx_eco
thank you :h
my plan now is to...
-use medic portal and read all the information they have their on interviews as well as looking on the university websites
-make sure i'm up to date with current headlines in the nhs
-have a clear idea on how to structure some of the common interview questions e.g. 'why do you want to study medicine' etc.
-practise speaking by just conversing more (i've been trying harder lately to talk with more new people to practise my interview skills)

hope this helps xxx :smile:

good luck!! :smile: :-)
Original post by emx_eco
I'm an Undergraduate. I applied to:
Bristol- Interview
Plymouth- Interview
Cardiff- Interview
Birmingham- Acknowledgement
Birmingham- Offer for Biomedicine (AAB)

UKCAT- 2840 (710 Average) Band 1
GCSEs- 9A*s, 2As, B in English Language (Resat and achieved an A)
Predicted Grades- A*A*A (Chemistry, Biology, Maths respectively
Work Experience- 1 year in care home, 3 days at GP, 1 day in surgical outpatients, 2 days in radiology, 1 day at a community mental health clinic, 1 day with occupational health, 8 months at a neurological centre, part-time job tutoring kids, charity shop volunteering, NCS, Bronze/Silver/Gold DofE, Robinson College Women in Science Festival, Debate chamber summer school

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!
:crossedf::crossedf:

Nice! I've gotten Bristol and Plymouth interviews as well, didn't apply to bham and cardiff. I honestly didn't expect them to come this early especially since I had an average application, lower than yours. 4A*s, 3As, 2Bs, 1C (Eng Lang) with UKCAT of 2790 (697.5 avg) with band 2. Predicted A*AAB (B in Further Maths). I guess academic performance isn't everything. Even though I say that you have so much more work experience. I'm just happy I'm able to compete fairly against people of your abilities!
Original post by TracyEmu
Good luck! how are you feeling about the interviews?

I think I'm feeling okay. Its just the thought of not really knowing what to expect as MMI interviews are so different :smile: Of course though on the day of my interview I'm going to super nervous!
Original post by emx_eco
Thank you :h:
My plan now is to...
-use Medic Portal and read all the information they have their on interviews as well as looking on the university websites
-make sure I'm up to date with current headlines in the NHS
-practise speaking by just conversing more (I've been trying harder lately to talk with more new people to practise my interview skills)

Hope this helps xxx :smile:

I'm so nervous for mine, I'm just trying to go through as many mock questions as I can. Like you said trying to speak to people and just trying to anything I can. Basically, I'm just doing whatever you said and I feel like it's not gonna be enough lol.
Original post by BasimMajid
I'm so nervous for mine, I'm just trying to go through as many mock questions as I can. Like you said trying to speak to people and just trying to anything I can. Basically, I'm just doing whatever you said and I feel like it's not gonna be enough lol.

I know exactly how you feel! At least were all in it together :h:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to point out that if you meet the minimum requirements for Plymouth and achieved over a 600 average (2400 total) in the UKCAT, you will have been or will be invited to interview. If you look at Plymouth's entry requirements for medicine now, they have updated the cut off score for 2018 entry. I've been invited to interview at Plymouth and I only got a 613 average
Reply 188
Original post by emx_eco
I'm an Undergraduate. I applied to:
Bristol- Interview
Plymouth- Interview
Cardiff- Interview
Birmingham- Acknowledgement
Birmingham- Offer for Biomedicine (AAB)

UKCAT- 2840 (710 Average) Band 1
GCSEs- 9A*s, 2As, B in English Language (Resat and achieved an A)
Predicted Grades- A*A*A (Chemistry, Biology, Maths respectively
Work Experience- 1 year in care home, 3 days at GP, 1 day in surgical outpatients, 2 days in radiology, 1 day at a community mental health clinic, 1 day with occupational health, 8 months at a neurological centre, part-time job tutoring kids, charity shop volunteering, NCS, Bronze/Silver/Gold DofE, Robinson College Women in Science Festival, Debate chamber summer school

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!
:crossedf::crossedf:

Woww 3 interviews already..I'm so jel
Just got an interview for St. George's!! My first one
Hey everyone!

I've applied for:

Plymouth:
-interview 13/11
Bristol
Cardiff
Exeter
Plymouth (biomed):
-offer 16/10

I was very worried about my UKCAT because I know that plymouth have their cut off point, but when I found out it was 2400, I was so relieved!
I've seen that there have been interviews given out for Bristol and Cardiff so I'm waiting on those now!
Good luck guys!
Original post by warmmuffin

What’s your ukcat? Congrats

Well done! What are your STATS and are you home or international?
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
What’s your ukcat? Congrats

I got 705 average
I got 705 average

That’s amazing! Did you get your invite today? When’s your interview, i me the cut off but haven’t had one yet but my ukcat isn’t as high as yours so probs why
Original post by jimmi06
Well done! What are your STATS and are you home or international?

Thank you!

I'm predicted 3A*s, ukcat: 705

I'm a home student
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you!

I'm predicted 3A*s, ukcat: 705

I'm a home student

Great Stats! Good luck with your Interview !
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
That’s amazing! Did you get your invite today? When’s your interview, i me the cut off but haven’t had one yet but my ukcat isn’t as high as yours so probs why

Thank you! Yeah I got my email at today

I think it's the first day of them giving out interviews so there's still loads of time, don't lose hope !
Original post by jimmi06
Great Stats! Good luck with your Interview !

Thanks, good luck to you too :smile:
Thanks, good luck to you too :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending