The Student Room Group

Better with Blessing: Year 13 GYG

:thumbsup: Welcome! :thumbsup:

I'm currently studying A2 and I'm starting this blog to document my progress in my final year

Before now I have been keeping track of my academic progress through my Youtube channel and various social media accounts. However, I've decided to it'd be nice to have a written account of how things pan out to look back on in August. Hoping to be better than I am today, tomorrow.

:crossedf: Personal Target Grades:crossedf: : A*A*A* (because why not?)

:heart: Predicted Grades :heart:: A*AA (English, History and Religious Studies)

Qualifications:

I do touch upon a few of them below but for a full debrief watch my GCSE and AS-Level results day videos.

Subjects:

English Literature (A grade at AS and GCSE)

History (A grade at AS and GCSE)

Religious Studies with Philosophy and Ethics (B grade at AS and A* at GCSE) - I was going to get this remarked as a result of advice from teacher but I decided not to as it's a linear paper (as are all my subjects)

GCSE grades:

I did my GCSEs in 2016 and I was pleasantly surprised by my grades. This wasn't because I didn't work hard (trust me, I did), but because I saw my hard work pay off and since then I've kept at it.

University:

I applied for English (Literature) and I'm happy to say I have already received 3 out of 5 offers. However, I will not be sharing what Universities I have applied to until I have received all 5 responses.

--------------

I'll be updating my blog every two weeks (at least) with updates on revision, coursework, essays, homework, resources etc. and I'd also love for you guys to let me know how you're getting along too . This journey will be a tough one but I'm ready to give it my BEST shot. I'll be updating with the results I get as time goes on. Excited to look back as we progress.

:five: LET'S DO IT :five:

Reply 1
Original post by blessingmariee

:thumbsup: Welcome! :thumbsup:

I'm currently studying A2 and I'm starting this blog to document my progress in my final year

Before now I have been keeping track of my academic progress through my Youtube channel and various social media accounts. However, I've decided to it'd be nice to have a written account of how things pan out to look back on in August. Hoping to be better than I am today, tomorrow.

:crossedf: Personal Target Grades:crossedf: : A*A*A* (because why not?)

:heart: Predicted Grades :heart:: A*AA (English, History and Religious Studies)

Qualifications:

I do touch upon a few of them below but for a full debrief watch my GCSE and AS-Level results day videos.

Subjects:

English Literature (A grade at AS and GCSE)

History (A grade at AS and GCSE)

Religious Studies with Philosophy and Ethics (B grade at AS and A* at GCSE) - I was going to get this remarked as a result of advice from teacher but I decided not to as it's a linear paper (as are all my subjects)

GCSE grades:

I did my GCSEs in 2016 and I was pleasantly surprised by my grades. This wasn't because I didn't work hard (trust me, I did), but because I saw my hard work pay off and since then I've kept at it.

University:

I applied for English (Literature) and I'm happy to say I have already received 3 out of 5 offers. However, I will not be sharing what Universities I have applied to until I have received all 5 responses.

--------------

I'll be updating my blog every two weeks (at least) with updates on revision, coursework, essays, homework, resources etc. and I'd also love for you guys to let me know how you're getting along too . This journey will be a tough one but I'm ready to give it my BEST shot. I'll be updating with the results I get as time goes on. Excited to look back as we progress.

:five: LET'S DO IT :five:

Hi! This is a bit strange, but my name is also Blessing, I take English Literature, have a GYG blog, have predicted grades if A*AA and personal targets of A*A*A*, what a coincidence :smile::smile:! Pleasure to make your acquaintance! Maybe we can support each other?
Original post by bateaux
Hi! This is a bit strange, but my name is also Blessing, I take English Literature, have a GYG blog, have predicted grades if A*AA and personal targets of A*A*A*, what a coincidence :smile::smile:! Pleasure to make your acquaintance! Maybe we can support each other?

Haha! A coincidence indeed. Just checked out your blog and I love it - excited to see what's to come for you. Also - French and Spanish - I wish I could do languages but after GCSE it was goodbye for me (albeit I managed to get a B). We can support each other for sure - that's what this is all about :heart:
Reply 3
Original post by blessingmariee
Haha! A coincidence indeed. Just checked out your blog and I love it - excited to see what's to come for you. Also - French and Spanish - I wish I could do languages but after GCSE it was goodbye for me (albeit I managed to get a B). We can support each other for sure - that's what this is all about :heart:

Great, I'm really excited for your blog too! Haha, I get that a lot, I love French and I'm really pumped to start Spanish but even I can admit how much work it is to study languages :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending