The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL portico is making my life hard rn

okay so I got given access to the UCL portico thing after I was offered a place for History. On here, I've got to post a document of written work. I was given instructions on how to do so and logged on (it was hard enough trying to come up with a password to get full access to the whole damn thing, which is another bloody story altogether). I found the 'upload' button and thought, hey, let's just see how it works, right? I clicked on 'upload' and all of a sudden it says i've uploaded a document. I brushed it off as a glitch and logged out. Then I got a personal email from UCL admissions saying they've "received my document" and are in the process of reviewing it. I "WTF"d and quickly emailed them saying I had NOT sent them any documents and that it had been a complete accident. (Haven't had a single response in 3 days). The next day I went on to portico again to check the upload button thing and now it's not even there?? All there is is a line that says "uploaded documents" and a bunch of categories like "document type", "document title" that are ALL BLANK! (obviously because I haven't even uploaded anything). Is this a massive glitch on their part or does the "upload" button thing become restricted after a certain time of day? On the website, it does say that portico is supported from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Anyway, I don't think admissions are replying back to me anytime soon and my deadline to submit work is fast approaching and I'm just sick of all these inconveniences that keep happening.
Reply 1
Have you had a reply yet?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by uclhist
Have you had a reply yet?

STILL no! Which is honestly frustrating me at this point, because I even called them to ask what happened and they told me to contact the admissions office which I HAD done in the first place!! I e-mailed again after that, which was three days ago, and still no response! I am emailing the Reigstrar lady today and I honestly feel so embarrassed because this is going to be my 4th email to them. I feel like a 12 year old harassing her crush.
Reply 3
Well, let's see if we can get it fixed. If you email me the details I can chase it from our side, too. I'm David Sim, btw, the Admissions Tutor for the History Department. You can email me at [email protected].
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by uclhist
Well, let's see if we can get it fixed. If you email me the details I can chase it from our side, too. I'm David Sim, btw, the Admissions Tutor for the History Department. You can email me at [email protected].

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending