The Student Room Group

Should I Drop My EPQ?

Hi,
I've gotten 4/5 of my uni offers, and none of them have included my EPQ or mentioned that I have lower requirements because of it. As such I was wondering whether or not to drop my EPQ. I've only just started the production log, and would rather have the extra time to focus on my A Levels. Will universities complain if I then don't have the qualification?
Technically they give offers based on your application and doing EPQ was included in this.

However, I know a few people who never completed it, and if it’s not part of the offer then they can’t complain.

I would say it depends on:

1. Do you enjoy it? No = drop it
And more importantly
2. Will it be a detriment to your other grades? Yes = drop it

Otherwise why would you drop a qualification you enjoy while still getting good grades overall?
Original post by Mo_Barker
Hi,
I've gotten 4/5 of my uni offers, and none of them have included my EPQ or mentioned that I have lower requirements because of it. As such I was wondering whether or not to drop my EPQ. I've only just started the production log, and would rather have the extra time to focus on my A Levels. Will universities complain if I then don't have the qualification?

Contact your universities to ask whether they would amend your offer if you drop it.

Once you have all the facts then decide.

If you do drop it then you MUST notify your universities formally. That means emailing ucas : [email protected] and once they confirm that they have updated your application you have to notify each of your universities in writing.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Contact your universities to ask whether they would amend your offer if you drop it.

Once you have all the facts then decide.

If you do drop it then you MUST notify your universities formally. That means emailing ucas : [email protected] and once they confirm that they have updated your application you have to notify each of your universities in writing.

Honestly it sounds like by the time I've done that I may as well just have done the EPQ :tongue: I might stick it out
Reply 4
Honestly it sounds like by the time I've done that I may as well just have done the EPQ :tongue: I might stick it out

ive been contemplating not doing the EPQ but ive stuck it out. :tongue: what course have u applied for btw?
Reply 5
Original post by byaakun
ive been contemplating not doing the EPQ but ive stuck it out. :tongue: what course have u applied for btw?

I've gotten offers from all of these (easier to attach than type lmao) and have also applied for Land Economy at Cambridge- but I won't be too sad if they say no.
Reply 6
I've gotten offers from all of these (easier to attach than type lmao) and have also applied for Land Economy at Cambridge- but I won't be too sad if they say no.

aw thats greaat and you get me with 1/5 offers lol. when did u submit it?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by byaakun
aw thats greaat and you get me with 1/5 offers lol. when did u submit it?

10th October I think; don't worry, I only had 2 until yesterday when both Exeter and Nottingham got back to me!
Hi,

Stick it out, imo. You'll have plenty of time to focus on your A level's if you did it like I did, by going all out for a month or two, and doing re-drafts bit by bit. Basically, try and finish ASAP, then improve slowly as you go on.

This method didn't affect my A level's whatsoever last year.
Drop it if you feel like you don't want to do it
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending