The Student Room Group

OMg how do I stop being so lazy

Scroll to see replies

Some people are just inherently lazy :dontknow:

Not everyone has the motivation and ambition to achieve and be the best they can be. However you might end up regretting is when you get older because at some point you're probably going to have to work and you'll end up having to do something you don't enjoy whereas you could put in the grind now, suffer for a few years and then at least get a job doing something you might actually enjoy, even a little bit.
Original post by eden3
Absolutely wrong, that's a misconception. Feeling emotionally numb and apathetic is more common in depressed people

depression sound like so much more though

Is it wrong to wish to have it so I can stop blaming myself for being so lazy all the time or
Original post by Amylololol
Hey pal I've got the same problem except I got over it a week ago :|
Your answer lies in a new routine. Try something new m8, try exercising- I know you're a lazy f*** but please do try it! Try dancing even :| I know it's random but it'll get your happy hormones stimulated and you might just feel like doing something.
Another more realistic option would be, set up little tasks. Tasks that even lazy shites like you and I can accomplish- like reading and making notes of 1 page of chemistry. F*** the rest for tomorrow and just chill. And then another page tomorrow and then so on. Make a little study routine, increase the no. Of pages little by little. This way, you'll be accomplishing SOMETHING instead of nothing. It'll motivate you to do more!
At least study for 10 minutes a day. There's kids in Bangladesh that sit through flooded classrooms to note down what the teacher's saying just so they can have a promising future. Imagine what the non-school going kids do :/ So please, don't take your time for granted. Make use of it, start little. There's no rush. But at least take a start. It's worth everything you've ever wanted in life, I promise you.

I dance all the time!!all the time!!! I cannot stay committed to anything. It's horrible
Reply 23
Original post by Emerald777O
Omg I hope I don't :frown:

FORCE yourself to get up at a reasonable time everyday, get dressed and get out of the house. Go for a brisk walk, jog, run. Get home. Have breakfast and then get out of the house again. Go and work somewhere like the library or a coffee shop.

Go to bed early and at the same time each night.

I bet if you set yourself a task like this and did it you would feel motivated to do stuff.

In life you have to sometimes just force yourself to do stuff otherwise you'd do nothing.:smile:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Some people are just inherently lazy :dontknow:

Not everyone has the motivation and ambition to achieve and be the best they can be. However you might end up regretting is when you get older because at some point you're probably going to have to work and you'll end up having to do something you don't enjoy whereas you could put in the grind now, suffer for a few years and then at least get a job doing something you might actually enjoy, even a little bit.

I know I'll regret it and that's what kills me
FORCE yourself. When you realise you have no choice because you'll drag yourself through it, whether you want to or not, your brain will accomodate you.
Original post by Racoon
FORCE yourself to get up at a reasonable time everyday, get dressed and get out of the house. Go for a brisk walk, jog, run. Get home. Have breakfast and then get out of the house again. Go and work somewhere like the library or a coffee shop.

Go to bed early and at the same time each night.

I bet if you set yourself a task like this and did it you would feel motivated to do stuff.

In life you have to sometimes just force yourself to do stuff otherwise you'd do nothing.:smile:

I have no time in the morning . And I would never jog or outside cos everyone would be watching me.

I always try to. I beg myself but my brain is just like nahhh just chill and f up your life
Are you saying that I could potentially become like that if I acc do have depression
It's hard AF though

I have no time in the morning . And I would never jog or outside cos everyone would be watching me.

I always try to. I beg myself but my brain is just like nahhh just chill and f up your life

That's TRYING. not FORCING.
How can I force myself when I'm already weak ?
Reply 30
Exercise can be fun. I actually enjoy cycling, and roller skating. Try to find something active that you enjoy. What do you study ? Do you enjoy it?
How can I force myself when I'm already weak ?

I imagine someone yelling at me, yknow how they train the army? Like that.
Original post by onebro
Exercise can be fun. I actually enjoy cycling, and roller skating. Try to find something active that you enjoy. What do you study ? Do you enjoy it?

Yeah I enjoy psychology but I feel so unmotivated to revise .
But I mean I'm always watching YouTube videos and procrastinating so I mean it's not like I don't enjoy anything . Robots like don't have any emotion. I'm acc very sensitive but I lack motivation. Does it still sound like depression? I'll call them . Hope it helps :smile:

Original post by starfab
I imagine someone yelling at me, yknow how they train the army? Like that.

No never
But I mean I'm always watching YouTube videos and procrastinating so I mean it's not like I don't enjoy anything . Robots like don't have any emotion. I'm acc very sensitive but I lack motivation. Does it still sound like depression? I'll call them . Hope it helps :smile:

No never

Try it. Got me outa my depression once.
I have tried it. Nothing works. I even watch motivational videos and I'm like wow this might acc help me then it doesn't work. I keep looking at my textbook and I feel ugh. I have so much goals in life and that doesn't motivate me
In a way my depression has had a positive effect because it’s gotten me to go to the gym and improve my fitness. I use the gym as a way of forgetting about my whole life problems for 1-2 hours a day. I’m still a depressed sod but at least it’s gotten me to go to the gym and look after my physical health 😂
I have tried it. Nothing works. I even watch motivational videos and I'm like wow this might acc help me then it doesn't work. I keep looking at my textbook and I feel ugh. I have so much goals in life and that doesn't motivate me

Tried exercise? Or struggle to motivate yourself for that too?
Original post by Kevin Hodge
In a way my depression has had a positive effect because it’s gotten me to go to the gym and improve my fitness. I use the gym as a way of forgetting about my whole life problems for 1-2 hours a day. I’m still a depressed sod but at least it’s gotten me to go to the gym and look after my physical health 😂

I'm really happy for you. I really want something like that too
I want to lose weight but there's something else that's affecting it that I need to take care of. I dance a lot to music and it makes me feel happy but doesn't motivate me or anything if you get what I mean . Schoolwork is the most important thing to me rn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending